Today’s world requires businesses to have a high degree of efficiency in operations. So, it is generally considered a waste of time to manually handle and track maintenance work orders. Maintenance and repairs consume a lot of time and other resources. But, they are a crucial part of the business’s well-being.
Work order software is one way around the problem. The software is a part of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) which is the management of business processes through integrated computer applications. Work order software, in particular, provides a platform on which you can manage maintenance work orders on a computer. It creates orders through requests from customers or from the employees themselves. More importantly, it makes the process semi or fully automated which, in turn, bolsters efficiency.
This article will brief you about 3 best Work Order Software of this year. These software are as follows:
Work Order Software
UpKeep is a cloud-based software which computerizes the maintenance management system. It is suitable for a plethora of industries. These include construction, utilities, hotels, churches, manufacturing, and warehousing, among others. Moreover, It allows users to manage and track plans and orders in real time.
- It has tools for work order creation, signature capture, prioritization, image annotation, barcode scanning, chat and communication, invoice creation, etc.
- You can customize the work orders according to each order's specifications. For instance, you can also add checklists, templates, files, and pictures in the work orders.
- If you have existing data before installing the software for your business, you can easily add it to the system.
- Barcodes of parts and assets can be stored in the system for quicker addition to work orders.
- Transferring these work orders is also easy. They can be emailed in PDF form to your colleagues.
- You can create recurring activities for preventive maintenance.
- The software updates you about the task via push notifications and alerts automatically.
- Starter: This plan includes work requests, work order history, checklists, and preventive maintenance scheduler. It costs $35 per user per month if you pay for the service on a monthly basis.
- Professional: This plan offers a wider range of tools like signature capture, work request portal, phone support, PDF and video upload and others. It costs $55 per user per month.
- Business plus: This premium plan gives you access to all the tools of starter and professional plan. Besides this, you can use the advanced preventive maintenance scheduler, customer success manager, customized work orders and much more. Its price is $95 per user per month. But, need at least 5 users to be able to subscribe to this plan.
2. Fleetio Manage
This software comes with its mobile application, named Fleetio Go, which makes managing fleets of various kinds of vehicles types more convenient. It automates fleet operations and manages asset lifecycle. It has a very supportive customer service team and each account is accessible by unlimited users. As a result, collaboration between users is made quite effortless.
- You can use the service to manage in-house and outsourced maintenance, vehicle inspections, fuel, safety recalls, etc.
- It makes use of different integrations which enable the collection of data from fuel cards, repair shops, etc.
- It shows odometers updates, handles DTC and produces real-time reports of fuel location.
- You can access the history of each vehicle and the services it has gone through.
- Fleetio makes tracking inspections, issues with vehicle services, and purchase orders simpler. You can set reminders for inspections as well.
- Users are also reminded of the renewal dates of their insurance, tags, and licenses.
- Pro: It allows unlimited users to access the account. It costs $5 per asset per month when billed annually.
- Advanced: Along with Pro features, you get parts management system, inventory tracking, webhooks and Fleetio Parts mobile application among other tools. This plan costs $7 per asset per month.
This software is especially helpful in managing assets and controlling inventory. It is one of the best software to keep track of your assets’ individual life cycles. One of the reasons is because it supports almost all platforms including Windows phones. By keeping all information relating to the business’s assets, it simplifies all operations relating to them. Its noteworthy quality is that you can track all activities associated with the asset, like its maintenance and replacement, anytime and anywhere through its application.
- It enables you to create purchase orders, draft up service tickets, and manage vendors.
- You can scan barcodes and QR codes with the mobile applications conveniently.
- It has various integrations which include RFID. This integration reduces the processing time of the information in the system.
- You can make business decisions based on the actionable reports it produces. It also simplifies depreciation management and audits, which makes decision making faster.
- It creates location and ownership histories of all the assets. So, it is easier to keep track of assets even if they are in huge numbers.
- You can create custom notifications for each asset as well.
- Basic: In this plan, you can use GPS location of assets, information about service, maintenance, excel imports/exports, and audits among other general tools. Prices start at $31.50 per month for custom plans.
- Advanced: Along with the basic features, you get tools for accommodating recurring services, purchase orders, bundles, data backups, transfer of stock and much more. You can pay a minimum of $61.50 per month for custom plans.
- Premium: This plan gives you access to all the tools of basic and advanced plans. Besides, it comes with Jira integration, advanced access control, Zendesk integration, etc. Prices start at $81.50 per month for custom plans. You can also get premium features for unlimited users for a minimum of $300 per month. Prices increase as the number of items increase.