With the introduction of technology, so many applications to help distinct businesses have been introduced. The technological appeal can be felt everywhere whether it’s from the desired computer to stay at home, and it has undoubtedly changed the face of our society.
Even woodworkers are also not left behind. As more woodworking workers and DIY enthusiasts access video tutorials and project plans through the internet, technological engagement in the industry has increased. There are various software created to accommodate multiple duties and make the work of the craftsman more comfortable. Here is the list of finest woodworking software for professionals.
Woodworking Design Software
1. Fusion 360
The best woodworking design software is the one that provides all the necessary requirements of woodworking professionals and here we have all-time hit Fusion 360. This software is always on the list of best CAD tools for woodworking designing works. Fusion 360 is an advanced tool that allows you to create a high level of designs in woodworking easily.
This amazing application is integrated with the feature of 3D visualization as well as 2D for documentation that helps in enhancing the design work.
- It offers an extended component that simplifies the task of woodworking design.
- You can work anywhere remotely without any restrictions as it is a cloud-based software that can be used at any location.
- It is one of the easiest tools in the field of woodworking designing because its intuitive interface simplifies the editing process.
- Fusion 360 comes with advanced features like 3D modelling and no defect manufacturing that make the designing process versatile.
- The monthly plan costs you $39.68 only with auto-renewal.
- At the price of $299.74, you can get the yearly package.
- One of the best choice among the pricing plan is a 3-year plan which cost you $804.57 that can be renewed.
SketchUp is a 3D design software which is user-friendly and rich in features. While it is not a dedicated software for designing furniture, but its quite good in it. One of the best and finest stuff of this software is that it's rather small but fully featured. SketchUp also has a large 3D library to design your own furnishings. You can also export 3D models in a variety of formats such as CAD or 3DS once designed.
- It is extremely precise so that you can model anything with accuracy and detail - from a wall of cabinets to a lap joint.
- This software is integrated with a plugin named "CutList" that will help you to create a cutlist of all parts in your project after designing a project.
- Its also had its own community called 3D Warehouse where registered members can share their created designs and allow others to download it.
- SketchUp reports take model data so that you can add cutlist components and estimate costs.
The software contains various plans but its basic one starts at $119/Year.
3. SketchList 3D
SketchList 3D is a software intended for every kind of furniture design you want. Being a software design, a woodworker or designer has almost everything necessary to design good furnishings. The main attributes of the SketchList are the ease of operation, detailed article, videos showing how to use and tricks of the software. Their features include drag & drop objects, alignment tools, one-click curtains, one-click joints, drill hole emulation, wood types, customized material, etc.
- Allows you to communicate with company partners, friends, and family by using the design pictures and sketches in social media.
- You can update design changes & customer approval adjustments quickly and accurately.
- Create reports for purchasing drawings, amount of material required for the job so any change in design is therefore immediately reflected in all reports.
- Build your brand with the software of cabinet design to generate quality "before" images to match the competing "after" photos.
The vendor of this software offers you a 30 days free trial option so you can explore all the features included in it. After that, you can purchase it for a lifetime at $200.
Pro100 is a software design for cabinet manufacturers (frames or frameless cabinets), store-dealers, kitchen designers, closets, garage cabinet manufacturers and many more. Create reports such as cutlist, cabinet list, work pricing. It can be used to create virtual reality settings, custom designs, and presentations in the manufacture or business applications. This software allows you to design, build and estimate work costs quickly based upon the style of the door, wood or material, kitchen layout, cabinets or type of finishing.
- It has the possibility to generate panoramic views, 3D representations, high-resolution images and more.
- Easy-To-Use software to price your work based on your cabinets' materials, components and door styles.
- Includes built-in standards & metric units that allow you to switch between 1 cm and 1 mm during your design process at any time.
- You can export pictures, record and share views with your customer.
This woodworking design software comes with a price tag of $149/month.
5. Easy Woodworking Design
This is a new woodworking software that is designed for a layperson with no cad experience and has a minimal learning curve. This software is also a complete project management system and it is the easiest woodworking design software on the market.
It is designed so that you spend less of your time designing your project.
- Designed to run on a Windows 7 or higher PC
- Create / Edit / Update / Delete and Copy Boards
- Define Specific information for Projects, Assemblies and Boards
- Re-Scale an Assembly
- Display Board Dimensions in Inches or MM
- Add and Subtract Inches, MM, and Fractions
- Connect / Align Boards with an Icon Click
- Center and Offset Boards
- Add / Edit Notes or DimensionsSee the website for a complete list of features.
$39.00 per year