Virtualization software allows one computer and server to host many other operating systems. If you have limited resources, in that scenario it enables you to acquire more values. This allows you to run more software and processes with the help of least or limited hardware requirements.
Additionally, the software assists you to back up a complete operating system and server installation as simple as you back up the other cluster of files. The reason is your virtual operating system is nothing but a series of files. It also keeps securing your OS version. For instance, a hacker hacks your mail server and if you are running your mail server on a virtual machine, you will be able to restore your existing version.
We are here with the best virtualization software which offers the best infrastructure as a service model to enables an organization for hosting hardware, software, servers, and many other infrastructural initiatives.
Citrix is one of the best and most reliable virtualization software available today. It assists you by creating many virtual machines from a single physical system using the hypervisor software. The multiple virtual machines operate as individual computer machines by sharing resources of the single physical system. This virtualization software also allows you to use your system resources to the maximum with VMs.
The Citric virtual desktops and Citrix apps help in transforming employee experience with a smart and well-organized virtual workspace. It helps in organizing, guiding and automating your work for maximum productivity.
Moreover, you can use Citrix desktop and get all your required tools and access in one place. When you log-in to Citrix it connects you with all your other workspace features and apps without having to sign-in to each one. Also, it lets you make the work more efficient by customizing your desktop appearance according to your preference.
- This software provides a complete desktop solution to access multiple tools, features, add-ons, apps, and plug-ins. This software provides mobility to employees by allowing them remote access to work.
- VM technology cuts down IT costs. Virtual desktop infrastructure technology provides better security and a central desktop management system.
- With Citrix, users can access and share Windows and Linux desktop from remote on-site locations. You also get customized VDI which gives benefits beyond simple desktop sharing.
- It offers a secure connection to office PC through remote access. It also has common criteria certification and FIPS 140-2 compliant security features.
- The price of Citrix virtual desktop and apps are available by request on the company’s official website.
Parallels RAS is popular among efficient virtualization software for business organizations of all kinds. It gives companies the ability to transform their IT infrastructure with VDI technology. It offers a cost-effective and efficient solution to businesses for remote desktop access and other VDI functions.
This software is inexpensive and delivers VDI solutions whenever and wherever you need them. Now your employees and clients can easily connect and use desktops and apps from remote locations using Parallels RAS. This is an excellent way for organizations to getting seamless connectivity for application delivery through innovative VDI technology. Moreover, it works in reducing the total cost of ownership and providing the latest security protocols for safe and secure remote access to desktops and apps.
- Parallels RAS works with multi-cloud deployments, hybrid servers and on-site servers with equal efficiency. It Provides a flexible infrastructure that can support the latest in tech, including RDSH on Windows servers as well a VDI with Microsoft Hyper-V, etc.
- It offers efficient connection and access through popular devices and browsers, including iOS, Android and HTML5. This software allows administrators to organize and manage IT architecture from a single pane.
- Strict client policies help secure against loss of data through malicious online attacks. Also, the security features include the latest FIPS 140-2 compliance, Deepnet, RADIUS, SafeNet and TOTP Google authenticator certification.
- This virtualization software gives you the flexibility to allow users to connect with and share desktop, apps, and data using any device from any other kind of compatible device.
- Desktop Plan: This Parelles plan costs at $79.99 per year.
- Business Edition Plan: You can get this business edition at effective costs $99.99 per year.
- Pro Edition Plan: Buy pro edition plan at $99.99 per year.
3. Xen Project
Xen Project offers one of the most versatile, secure and efficient visualization solutions today. Their technology uses bare-metal type-1 hypervisor that makes it possible for users to operate multiple versions of a single operating system of the host machine. It even allows using different OS with the resources of the host machine. It is the only Type-1 Hypervisor currently available as open-source software.
This virtualization software works as a base for running multiple numbers or different open-source and paid applications, including IaaS, virtualization, applications, and servers. It also runs a large variety of embedded and hardware appliances, security apps and automates the workflow.
Additionally, it has the ability to utilize servers to the maximum, merging server farms, integrating simplicity in processing and decreasing the total cost of ownership.
- This open source software allows creating multiple guest operating systems.
- Xen Project offers can support multiple cloud-based platforms without any hassle.
- It comes with the latest and more reliable Xen Security Modules for optimal data and connection safety.
- Easily create a modular and flexible IT architecture that ensures optimal security.
- This software allows users virtual machine migration by switching from one platform/OS to another.
- It supports multiple other open-source vendors for maximum efficiency.
- Para visualization technology allows creating and using up to 512 virtual PCs with the allocation of 512 GB of storage space for each user.
- Xen Project virtualization software is open-source and hence it is available free of cost for users.