Planning is a vital stage of a successful construction project. The planning process starts off by estimating the materials required during the project tenure. The planning team has to consider labor costs, storage costs, and operational costs too. All these combine to form the final cost estimate of the project. The resulting document or plan is known as a construction takeoff. Construction takeoffs can be time-consuming and complex. Manual preparations need days of work, and amendments are stringent. This has led the industry toward digital aid. So, to reduce these efforts, takeoff software are designed to determine the scope of a project from quantity of materials to labor needed.
Construction takeoff software or takeoff software is the new and powerful way of planning for a construction job. The use of this kind of software reduces the takeoff process to a few simple steps.
Let us look at the best takeoff software in 2019.
STACK takeoff is a one-stop platform for complete construction planning. It boasts efficient automation features like analyzing the design blueprints and drafting a list of required material all by its own. STACK is on-screen takeoff software based on cloud technology. Moreover, it helps small and large construction contractors to take quick estimates for making competitive bids to project requests. The fast on-screen estimates of STACK puts its corporate users ahead of the competitors.
- User-friendly interface and easy navigation is a significant benefit of STACK. It features a powerful yet simple dashboard for quick navigation.
- Smooth collaboration methods available on the software that helps users to align the plans and results with your project team continuously.
- Extensive training and support service is free with every subscription. Unlimited STACK support assists the first time users as well as the more experienced ones in every problem.
- The software works in sync with the type of business you have. It is custom designed for over ten types of construction businesses with specialized features for each.
- Several third-party tools are available on STACK. The software works effectively with PDF, Google services, and TIFF. Also, it integrates with Excel for data export and import.
- Free Trial: STACK takeoff software is available free of cost with basic functionalities. For advanced features and larger scale of work, there are two priced packages available.
- Plus: This plan stands at $999 per year per user. The pack includes unlimited support and training, excel integration and unlimited projects.
- Pro: The fully loaded STACK experience gives users all features of Plus and many new additional features. The pack is available at $1,799 per year per user.
PlanSwift is takeoff software with a wide range of applications. The software has excellent customization features for construction companies, major contractors and even subcontractors. The size and type of construction business do not matter with PlanSwift software. The software focuses on the core job of calculating material and labor costs in a few keystrokes. Furthermore, it is an on-screen cloud-based software which is also available for desktop deployments. PlanSwift is one of the industry leaders due to the collection of one-click tools and integration options.
- Importing blueprints and exporting plans is comfortable with PlanSwift due to different integrations of various social platforms and plug-ins. You can also enable collaboration mode for group work.
- Users receive a large collection of time-saving templates that are designed for different construction types. Templates can also be customized based on personal needs.
- Some limited features of PlanSwift are also accessible through Apple iPhones. The platform has an iOS supported app for on-the-go analysis.
- Different integrations on the software include QuickBooks, UDA construction suite, Excel, SQL, and MS Access databases.
- One click features of the platform include quick linear and square footage measurements. The drag and drop feature for blueprint mapping is another easy to use tool enhancing speed of estimates.
- The software can download the market prices of materials from the internet and apply them automatically. These prices are downloaded on the basis of the contractor's area. Users can also enter their own prices.
- Free Trial: The software is available as a free trial for a short period. If the user likes the software, they can opt for the two priced packages provided by PlanSwift.
- PlanSwift Professional: The complete takeoff software solution comes with a package of free updates and support of 1 year. The pack is available at $1595 per year.
- Custom training package: The additional pack provided by PlanSwift enrolls user for three one-hour training sessions. The training package is available for $300.
Esticom is an effective onscreen cloud-based cost estimation and takeoff software. The software is suitable for specific construction businesses like mechanical, electrical, plumbing and safety contractor works. The software provides essential features like material and labor estimation, quotation drafting, advanced analysis, HVAC estimating and automated assemblies. There are no installation requirements as the software is ready-to-use over the web platform.
- Drag and drop feature makes the software easy and straightforward. You can place AIA symbols easily on the design with the tool to start the estimation process.
- Extensive collection of project templates allows users to glide through the setup process. Templates are also customizable for better results.
- An interactive CRM dashboard is the highlight of this takeoff software. The panel provides complete analysis options and helps in delegating work to the team.
- Real-time and cloud-based systems help users access their account and check the status from anywhere and anytime.
- Estimate generation is fast as the process starts as soon as you takeoff items from other plans. Estimate and building process goes hand-in-hand in Esticom.
- Users get 24/7 support facility over the phone, email, official letters, and online help desk.
- Free trial: Esticom takeoff software is available for a free trial of 14 days with full features. After the trial period, users have two pricing packages to choose from.
- Full version: The package contains full features of Esticom for $99 per month per user. The same software package is available at the Annual price of $999 per user, implying a discount of 20% on the monthly cost. The features of both pricing package are the same.