Nowadays, software plays a vital role in making your organizational tasks easy and quick. When it comes to software development, there are many tools to develop different types of authentic and versatile software that are useful for businesses.
You must know how software development tools can increase the productivity and efficiency of a business team? It can facilitate numerous people to join and work in unity on a collaborative project.
In fact, it can bring better value to the organizations as this software performs beyond your expectations. There is a huge necessity of approaching software development process for the businessmen to offer high-quality software for the success of the business. Below you can find some of the latest software development tools and its advantages for your enterprise.
GitHub is one of the world’s leading software development platforms and it has come into existence to help various businesses to flourish in a healthy way. This development platform offers you unlimited ways to build applications and custom tools for the business. With GitHub, you can update tools as technologies shift, fine-tune your process as your team changes and find new approaches to work better. Why don’t you check out its real features to make everything clear about it?
As a matter of fact, this development tool provides perfect tools for every step of the development process from continuous integration to code review. You can even purchase apps from the marketplace of GitHub without having multiple payment methods or accounts. Read ahead to know more.
- With the help of GitHub, you can build lightweight code review tools in every pull request. In fact, your business team can enhance the quality of your code and fit properly into your workflow by creating review processes.
- Every business requires their project to be appropriately scheduled and this software development tool helps developers and project managers to track, update, and coordinate their work in a specific place to keep the projects transparent.
- GitHub development platform events like issue, release, and push triggers your workflows and allows it to run a sequence of parallel actions in response.
- It also configures and combines actions for the services maintained by the community and known by you.
- It offers you flexible hosting plans in order to keep and host all of your code in one place wherever you need. You can experience the same even if it is about hosting GitHub on your servers, on AWS or Azure, or in the cloud.
The pricing plans divide GitHub into four for individuals and teams which include free trial, Pro, team, and enterprise. The charge of every plan differs from each other and you will get further details of pricing plans below.
- Free trial - The free trial plan is ideal for individuals and it is available for a whole month at $0. Despite being a free trial, it involves many features such as unlimited public and private repositories, issues and bug tracking, 3 collaborators for private repositories, as well as project management.
- Pro - The Pro plan is also applicable for individuals and it charges $7 for an entire month. It offers all the features mentioned in the free trial plan including advanced tools & insights and unlimited collaborators.
- Team - The name itself suggests that it is for business teams and the price for this plan is $9 per user/month. It has features like unlimited public & private repositories, team access controls, user management and billing, project management, issues & bug tracking, and advanced tools & insights.
- Enterprise - If you want to know the pricing package for the enterprise, you can contact sales and request them for a demo. This tool comprises all the features included in the team plan along with many other features including self-hosted or cloud-hosted, SAML single sign-on, access provisioning, priority support, simplified account administration, unified search & contributions, invoice billing, advanced auditing, and 99.95% uptime SLA for enterprise cloud.
Jira is one of the best software development tools that is mainly used for issue tracking, project management, and bug tracking. This software will enable all the members of your software team to track, plan, and release wonderful software. At last, it also generates a report to boost team performance on the basis of visual data used by your team. Its dashboard has many other beneficial features and functions which handle the issues easily.
Jira is a bit different from other software development tools. It enables you to create an out-of-the-box workflow to suit the way of working of your team. Above that, it combines with the tools that are already in use and upgrade your workflow with Bitbucket, Confluence, and various other development tools. You must find its functions below to explore more.
- It has Scrum boards which makes you stay focused on tailoring incremental and iterative value as quickly as possible. Also, its Kanban boards offer complete flexibility to your team to deliver maximum output continuously in small time.
- You can communicate plans with stakeholders, sketch out the huge picture, and ensure your roadmap connects to the work of your team within a few clicks in the cloud server of this software.
- On Jira, your teams can access to more than a dozen out-of-the-box reports in real-time along with actionable insights of how the team is operating sprint over sprint.
- Moreover, it provides you immediate visibility into your development pipeline and brings data from your favorite version build, deployment, control, or feature flagging tool. It also includes other features like 3000+ apps, developer tool integrations, customizable workflows, etc.
The pricing package depends upon the number of users. You can calculate the price as per the availability of users in your team. The rate has been set up for per month and it costs $10 for the small team consisting of 10 users, $7 for the first 100 users, $5 for the next 150 users, and $1.10 for each additional user over 250. It consists of many powerful features like custom filters, robust agile reporting, flexible boards, out-of-the-box workflows, powerful search, configurable permissions, rich APIs, etc.
3. AWS Cloud9
More significantly, it allows you to work on your projects from anywhere with the use of an internet-connected machine. It is time to view its other great features for clear understanding.
With AWS Cloud9, you can get a smooth and continuous experience for developing serverless apps which enables you to debug, define resources, and switch between local as well as remote operation of serverless applications with ease. Continue reading if you want to understand this tool in detail.
- AWS Cloud9 constitutes a browser-based editor that makes you to completely customize your view by adjusting your panels in any direction with the help of a simple drag-and-drop action.
- This development platform equips integrated debugger which will help you in stepping through code, setting breakpoints, and inspecting variables of any Python, C/C++ app, PHP, JS/Node.js.
- AWS Cloud9 is capable to run on a managed Amazon EC2 Linux instance or any Linux server which you are using at the present time. Choosing the SSH connectivity option during Cloud9 setup and connecting to your own Linux server, it functions anywhere including on-premises, AWS, or any other cloud provider.
AWS Cloud9 gives you three pricing options like free tier, Amazon EC2 pricing, and Amazon EBS pricing. You can go with any of the pricing packages as per your organizational needs.
- AWS Free Tier - Under this free trial plan, you can explore more than 60 products and gain three offers with respect to the product used. You can either choose 12-months free product that is available for 12 months or trials product for short-rem free trial offers. The best part is you can also enjoy lifetime free product which does not expire ever.
- Amazon EC2 pricing - You can use the Amazon EC2 plan for free. Also, if you want, you can pay for it in four ways such as on-demand, spot instances, reserved instances, and dedicated hosts. All of these four have their own unique features of which you can take the benefit completely.
- Amazon EBS pricing - This package has many volumes which will benefit your company and among those, you only need to pay for what you use. The price is different for each volume and it starts from $0.10 per GB-month of provisioned storage.