Screen recording of your gadget is nowadays very popular. Some of you record a screen for your YouTube channel tutorial, while others prefer to record winning moments on their favorite video game. Everyone likes recording their phone screens, laptop screens, computer screens, and even television screens. However, it can be a challenge to find a screencast software, particularly if your needs are specific.
Here, in this article, we have mentioned a list of best screencast software that will help you to create high-quality videos.
ActivePresenter7 is an online tool for creating screencast videos, handouts, manuals, documentation, and interactive training presentations. It permits you to edit audio/video, tweak the look and feel of content, and define the branched scenarios easily and effectively with the full-featured editor.
- Capture screen with a single click. Each action is captured as a slide that details how the viewer ought to master the lesson.
- Record screen as a full-motion video and insert it in a slide with annotations, voice-over, zoom-n-pan, closed captions, and animation effects for further editing.
- Export contents to HTML5 which can run on different web browsers and devices such as PC, macOS, iOS, Android, Windows Phone, etc.
- Integrate live-action footage to improve video presentations by combining two images/videos together based on the Chroma range.
Pricing starts at $199.00/one-time/user and a free trial is also available.
2. Screencast By TechSmith
Screencast by TechSmith is a digital manipulation solution that professionals and academics use to share high-quality videos, pictures, presentations and online documentation. It is one of TechSmith's visual communication software alternatives that assist consumers capture, record and improve digital content for advertising, instruction and learning visuals. Moreover, this tool is compatible with other software solutions from TechSmith which include Snagit, Camtasia, and Morae.
- Allows users to organize and manage their content, as well as view and edit their details.
- It is possible for users to set how viewers access their content. By sharing a link of their library they can make content publicly.
- Share content by copying and pasting a URL, embedding the content in a blog or website, or sending an email invitation which has a clickable link.
- With its Caption Editor, users will be able to add captions to their videos, and then manage them.
It offers two paid plans that start at $11.76 per month and you can also sign up for a screencast account, and avail the hosting service for free.
Bandicam is one of the best screen recording software for teachers, students or YouTubers. It includes tools to capture all or parts of your screen in high definition. Further, you can record lectures, webinars, games, and Skype call with the option to add narration from your microphone and video from your webcam. And then share them on YouTube or Facebook.
- Add your own webcam video to the video you record.
- Can add logo on the video for showing who the creator is.
- Put a mouse click effect and animation while recording.
- Draw on your video or screenshot in real time.
- In the video that you are recording, you can mix your own voice.
Bandicam offers two enterprise pricing plans for users to choose from: Bandicam 1-PC for $39 and Bandicam 2-PC for $59.
GetPixit is a screen capturing software that is the combination of the screen capturing, sharing & managing the images into one place supporting complete collaboration. By using screen capture, image editing, and application integration in an easy-to-use multi-tabbed user interface, whereas, GetPixit improves the user productivity in screen capturing, share & management space.
With the increase in the capturing, annotating and sharing images, we spend a significant amount of time using various software's to capture, edit and share screen captures. Through its comprehensive set of features with a focus on unparalleled ease-of-use and productivity improvement, GetPixit lets you do most of the work in one place, without having to switch between various tools and applications.
Easily capture scrolling web pages & extract text from the graphics by using its scrolling region capture. This software provides great support for comprehensive screen capture options.
Allow sharing captured screen instantly by using its cloud and desktop applications including Google Drive, One Drive, Dropbox, Box, OneNote, EverNote, FTP, Jira, Facebook, etc.
Manage all screen captures in one place seamlessly. Provides a super simple approach for categorizing, tagging, bookmarking and managing captured images.
Capture Once. Use It Forever!
- Comprehensive Capture Support
- Supports a variety of robust screen capture options including region, region to text, window capture, full-screen capture, scrolling (region) capture, web capture, and so on.
- Periodic Snapshots of Video with Continuous Capture
- Capture online webinars and videos with a specified periodicity for later review/use eliminating repetitive manual capture.
- Web Page Scrolling Capture
- Empowers to capture huge web pages by allowing auto scroll the page and capture the entire scrolling web page content. Also, captured web pages can be set as visual bookmarks.
- Web Page Capture with Urls
- Capture web content by just specifying URL. GetPixit will automatically download the content and capture it into an image.
- Camera Capture
- Capture snapshots from a live camera feed directly.
- Advanced OCR Support
- Extract text directly from the screen without taking a screenshot.
Annotate and Edit Images
- Outstanding Annotation Shape Support
- It provides support for the annotation shapes including arrows, text, callouts, geometric, sticky note, etc. These help to quickly and easily create rich annotations and screen mockups.
- Large Number Image Operations
- Provides a large number of out of the box image operations. There is no need for expensive image editing tools.
- Out of the Box Font Icons
- Bundles more than 5000 vector graphic font icons covering Material (Light) Design, FontAwesome, Modern, OctIcons, and SimpleIcon packs. They can be dragged and dropped onto image canvas to create visually appealing wire frames and image annotations.
- Web Drag and Drop Clip art Support
- Using pre-configured clip art and image resources, drag and drop any clip art and/or images from the web easily onto (virtual) canvas to create custom screens or enhance captured images.
- Smart Pencil Support
- Just draw a shape with Pencil. GetPixit will try to recognize the shape and will replace it with the proper geometric shape. This is very useful when using touch screen devices.
- Robust Sharing Support
- Facilitates the sharing of images with cloud and non-cloud applications seamlessly. Just select the images to share and click on the application button in the Share fly-out. The corresponding application window allows connecting to the application and uploading or exporting images.
- Support for Multiple User Accounts
- Most of the tools in the market support a limited number of cloud or email accounts. If you configure with one email account, you cannot use another one unless you re-configure again. With GetPixit, multi-account management means you can use a personal account to send screen captures to your friends and office email account for sharing screenshots with your business colleagues.
- Applications Supported
- Cloud: Google drive, One Drive, Box, Drop Box, OneNote and Evernote
- Export: MS Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Applications: Jira, FTP and Mail
- Social media: Facebook and Twitter
- Built-in Presentation Builder
- With PowerPoint template support, a set of captures/images can be exported into a ready to use presentation. By using GetPixit create ready to use presentation with each slide that contains the selected images along with the slide titles & mapping to the image display names.
- Intuitive Image Management
- Organizes and searches a large number of images in a breeze. Comprehensive search supports searching images on various attributes including category and sub-category and tags.
- Browse Images
- In addition to search support, images can be browsed by category/sub-categories and by created date.
- Visual Bookmarking Support
- Commonly used URL bookmarks store URLs in the Web Browser. Unless you remember the context, it is often difficult to find a relevant bookmark from a list of URLs. It also introduces visual bookmarking. Take a scrolling window capture of the web page and application automatically gets the context including URL. The corresponding site can be accessed by just clicking the ‘Open In Browser’ icon. It is easy to visually identify a web page than using a plain text URL.
- Intuitive Export/Import Support
- Captured images can simply be exported using Export fly-out. Click on the Desktop Icon to save the image on the desktop. Similarly, several images can be organized into category/sub-category folders and can be packaged into a zip file for sharing. Using explorer like interface, images in the local drive can be imported in bulk.
- Dashboard View
- A visual dashboard shows the total number of screen captures, the storage usage, the number of screenshots shared and imported. It helps to see the current usage statistics.
- Integrated Slideshow
- Slideshow mode helps to display screenshots in a slide view for a quick presentation without requiring a complete PowerPoint presentation. Grid view allows users to re-arrange screenshots with drag and drop support in a required order for a slideshow. GetPixit is one of the best application that can capture long scrolling web page in a slide show.
- $25 per user/year at 50% Discount
- Multi-year subscription is available
- Includes all Upgrades and Support
- For personal use(two machines per license)
- No Volume Discounts
- $50 per user/year
- Multi-year subscription is available
- Includes all Upgrades and Support
- For business use(two machines per license)
- Significant Volume Discounts available