The software of reference management supports learners, researchers and anyone else who uses accurate and efficient citation to obtain the information of others. These instruments can be used once, where users can provide data and obtain a complete quote, or as a safe source repository for long-term projects.
Reference management software can serve more than academic purposes; business presentations or reports are all appropriately cited. With cloud servers, the tool can connect big teams and provide complete firms access to trusted resources and articles. Reference management tools can often be integrated with file storage and document sharing, or with part of the internet browser. Advanced searches, reference library, and version history are common characteristics of reference software.
So, here we have mentioned some of the best reference management software –
Reference Management Software
Mendeley reference manager is a solution that enables you to easily organize, search and record documents in a personal library. You can create quotations and bibliographies with just a few clicks in a whole series of journal styles. The software has built-in Citation plugin that is compatible with Word & LibreOffice.
- You can share files with groups of colleagues and annotate them together to facilitate cooperation.
- It automatically records writers, titles and editors data to rapidly import papers and other documents from your computer, library or website.
- Mendeley enables you to readily add your opinions on papers even on mobile devices in your own library.
- The software comes with an integrated Web Importer plugin that permits you to add articles from different websites into your library.
The prices for this product or service have not been provided by Mendeley. To get current prices, please contact the vendor of this software.
Qiqqa secures all your PDF and makes them available to all devices immediately and searchable. It offers users with the capacity to capture tags, remarks, etc. and to produce reports and current citations in a suitable manner.
- Qiqqa will even reformat your bibliography automatically when you add quotations or change the style of publishing.
- Allows you to find what you read next by following quotes, authors and keywords.
- You never need to go hunt for the missing paper again by means of the automatic identification, tagging, and classification of your PDF.
- BibTeX sniffer from Qiqqa helps you to complete and perfect your metadata quickly, so other features are getting unlocked.
It offers you three different pricing plans but the basic one starts at $6.67/month.
Paperpile is an entirely web-based reference manager that will analyze your documents and collect all the required metadata. It's easy to add the data manually on your own if it can not discover it. If the new paper is online, Paperpile will automatically download the PDF and sync your entire PDF to Google Drive with a single click. The new paper will then be added.
- In order to accurately generate citations of all your materials, there are more than 30 different references and 86 subtypes provided for each metadata field.
- You can find incomplete references quickly and online check for missing data.
- It's simple to add Hierarchy to your library with folders with Paperpile as reference management.
- You manage references more quickly than before with keyboard shortcuts for all important tasks.
Paperpile offers you a 30 days free trial option that helps you to explore the features of this software. You can purchase it at a cost of $2.99/month.
nXr(next X(G)eneration referencing) is an all-in-all citation and reference management solution with three integrated modules- nXr.iNote, nXr.iLibrary, and nXr.iCite. With all three functionalities altogether, nXr helps students and researchers with a faster collection of multi-data (texts, images, and notes), restoration and literature review, and referencing tasks. Unlike other reference software, nXr reference manager software incorporates intuitive design rules, automatic annotations, and ultimate collaboration, supported by data analytics and AI.
Moreover, nXr is supported in all types of browsers and devices. You can have a free sign-up for nXt.Library and get access to nXr.iNote and nXr.iCite with the same subscription.
Further, you can use nXr.iNote as a Chrome browser extension and Add nXr.iCite add-in from Microsoft App source or Microsoft Word.
Overview of nXr’s Features:
– Instantly collection of notes and images with tags.
– Intuitive library with note and image searchability.
– Automatic anonymously integration and collaboration of research group literature review.
– Intelligent citations with messages and images.
– Fast note collection from any web article to build a comprehensive knowledge base for manuscript writing.
– Automated seamless integration of research group literature review in one knowledge -base.
– Update and synchronize of library database without leaving the manuscript.
nXr provides three pricing plans, modeled for individual users, research groups, and organizations.
- Individual user packages start as free until 300MB of cloud storage. Next month’s package starts with as little as $3/month.
- The research group package also starts with a free subscription until 300MB cloud storage with $3/month/user from the next month.
- Organization pricing model has a custom enterprise plan including knowledge-based content ownership, Pay as you go, data dashboard, and insight.