For companies, taxes mean that your bookkeeping attempts are precise enough throughout the year to prevent IRS penalties. The period between mid-January and 15 April is the busiest moment of the year for tax professionals who assist everyone else properly file their taxes.
Tax season implies various stuff for different individuals. It means gathering all your W-2s and multiple simple forms before filing in the hope of obtaining a tax return for the average taxpayer. In addition, business owners require software to prepare their personal Form 1040 and state tax returns. Professional tax software should also check for errors and provide customer support.
Hence, in this article, we have prepared a listing for the best professional tax software that will help to choose the best software that suits your companies need. So, let’s get started.
1. Intuit Lacerte
Intuit Lacerte is the best tax software for the tax preparer. Also, this software is an efficient, powerful and easy for first-time users to use, straight out the box. In comparison to other tax software, it has more characteristics and digital integrations. You can tailor your views, reports and other things according to your requirements.
- Collect data from each customer more quickly and for less money with less trouble. Instead of paper organizers use this customized emailed software to analyze taxes.
- Use e-Signatures to send signature requests for Form 8879, letters, consent forms and more immediately. Moreover, in one single phase, you can request payment and remain in compliance with the IRS.
- To save time on complicated partnership returns, use the enhanced search feature. Find a partner immediately so that you can easily update or deliver a K-1 package.
- An e-organizer wizard helps you send email letters, questionnaires, and forms to clients.
The basic cost of Lacerte begins at $389/year and increases according to your requirements.
2. Drake Software
Drake Tax is a software application for tax workers and preparers catering to small and medium business customers, which is comprehensive, precise and easy-to-use. Where it really brings out is its customizable reporting, which gives you granular perspectives into all aspects of your practice. Beyond its tax-preparing capacities, Drake Tax involves a module that provides you with a centralized perspective of your business ' health and effectiveness as a wholesale practice management scheme.
- Accountants may prepare tax returns for individuals, non-residents, companies, s corporations, partnerships, trust, and properties, regardless of which software package you buy.
- Instead of relying on a mouse to move the cursor, Drake accountants can navigate through keyboard shortcuts.
- For electronic filing mistakes, Drake checks the return and explains the location of mistakes.
- This software can import data from QuickBooks, Drake Accounting, and GruntWorx.
Its attractive price ($1,695 for its unlimited top-of-the-line package) makes Drake a good fit for tax firms preparing large numbers of tax reports for individuals and companies.
3. CCH Axcess Tax
CCH Axcess is the highest professional tax software for taxpayers, who are able to customize tax software with the help of their software programmers or developers. Their innovative Data Axcess API makes CCH Axcess unique. It enables you to develop your own individual tools or to add third-party tools created by others.
- It has a single integrated database that ensures all the data is accurate, complete and consistent.
- CCH's Axcess Portal, a distinct add-on, provides electronic file-sharing and customer portal functionality.
- Can import data from Excel, ProSystem fx Engagement, Trial Balance, as well as CCH Axcess Financial Prep.
- Centralized data streamlines procedures and is summarized on dashboards that are easy to understand.
You will need to contact the vendor directly for a quote.