The latest point-of-sale solutions offer much more than just accepting payments and processing sale. Now they offer various back-end integrations to smoothly run and manage your business. POS systems are more versatile as they are compatible with many devices, cloud-based solutions and integrates various accounting system, They seamlessly integrate with applications such as inventory management and CRM. With a POS system, you can track sales, employee productivity, manage stock, customers, handle accounting, and perform back-office functions.
Let’s check out the best point-of-sale (POS) software reviewed below.
Point Of Sale Software
1. Vend POS
Vend POS is one of the most popular and feature-rich POS system, perfect for small and mid-sized businesses. It is incredibly easy to use and offers you a wide range of tools to manage cash, sales, staff performance, customer data, inventory, returns, refunds and more. The software is cloud-based and works with PC and Mac and has a solid iPad app too. It comes with 24/7 customer support and 14-days free trial.
Key Features Of Vend
- Works in both online and offline mode – The offline mode allows you to sell even when the internet is down. It automatically syncs with the online system when the internet is back.
- Inventory management – This point of sale software allows you to automate various tasks like reordering, product counts, low-stock alerts, etc.
- Customer database management – Keep your in-store and online customer information in one place and see their transaction history anytime. You can also treat your special customer groups with discounts.
- Custom reporting – Vend provides various types of reports such as inventory report, employee performance report, product, and sales report & also daily reports. Further, you can also customize them and export the data for detailed analysis. It offers real-time reporting too.
- Integrations – It integrates seamlessly with third-party software such as Shopify, Xero, QuickBooks, Apple and many more.
- Lite Plan - This $99/mo for 1 outlet, when billed annually.
- Pro Plan - It costs $129/mo per outlet when billed annually.
- Enterprise Plan - This plan can be tailored as per your business needs and the price is available on request.
AccuPos is an award-winning POS system for Android, designed for retail, counter-service and full-service restaurants. This POS is easy to set up and use, eliminating lengthy pieces of training and staff errors. The software is compatible with both Windows and Android-based platforms. It integrates with various accounting software such as QuickBooks, Sage 100 ERP and Sage 50 for updated reporting. The software can also track payroll, customer loyalty data, and stock supplies.
Key Features Of AccuPos
- Tableside ordering – It has an android app that allows portability, making it easy to accept tableside ordering and payments. It also allows you to accept credit cards.
- Timesheet management – Allow your employees to clock in and clock out from any device and their hours will be automatically recorded and pushed to the accounting system.
- Storefront customization – You can add your logo to the interface for branding. Also, you can add your logo to the emails, receipts, and screens.
- Powerful receipts – Email the receipts directly to the client to save paper and build a customer database. You can use the database for marketing to your repeated customers. Also, the receipts can be quickly retrieved anytime.
- EMV ready – AccuPOS is EMV ready and can be used with any of your EMV compatible equipment. You can also purchase the hardware directly from AccuPOS for a complete solution.
- Platinum - This plan charges $59 per month.
- Platinum+ - It cost $79 per month.
3. iVend POS
iVend is an end-to-end retail management software that can handle even the most complex omnichannel sales. Further, it is multi-user ready, eCommerce integrated capabilities that makes it incredibly easy to sell your customers and retain them. It covers everything from POS to multiple back offices to the main office operations.
Key Features Of iVend POS
- Customer management – View customer contact information, balances and credit limits at the POS. You can define multiple shipping and billing addresses of the customers and provide a discount on items based on different customer groups.
- Staff management – You can define various employee position such as cashier, store manager, sales executive, etc. and manage their clock in and clock out time. You can also analyze their performance through sales reports.
- Loyalty management – Setup multiple royalty schemes to assign points to customers on new or repeated purchase. The loyalty points can be redeemed across your store networks.
- Reporting - Generate various types of sales, collection, fulfillment and inventory reports and export, email or preview them on screen. You can also add new reports using custom reporting.
- Integrations – Point of sale software integrates effortlessly with applications like SAP, Sage, Microsoft Dynamics, QuickBooks and thousands of other software systems for efficient data management of your store.
For further pricing details, you may request a quote.
4. Oliver POS
Oliver POS is a point of sale software for retail shop owners with both an eCommerce store and a physical store. It is currently built on top of WooCommere, WordPress's eCommerce plugin, however, Oliver POS will soon be available on other eCommerce platforms.
It offers full integration of both stores, so your inventory, customers, orders, and more are automatically synced in real-time. No more manual updates or syncs. With Oliver POS you can process payments through debit, credit, cash, gift cards, or store credit. You easily can split payments and give refunds. Oliver POS has integrated with payment processing partners to make payment seamless.
- It has an integrated inventory system
- Provides customizable register and multiple registers
- In-depth custom reports of multiple staff
- For customer care, there is live chat support
- This software has unlimited products for unlimited customers with unlimited transactions
- Multiple Locations
- It has custom payment types and custom receipts
- This software is available in multiple languages
Oliver POS offers a Free Plan that comes equipped with all the basics to run a successful, small retail shop. Paid plans are offered for more advanced features.
- Annual Subscription (CAD): There are three plans available basic and pro which cost you $19, $39 per month respectively and for empire you have to contact the sales team
- Monthly Subscription: There are also three plans available basic charge you $25 per month, pro will cost you $50 per month and for empire you have to contact the sales team