Pictures help us to keep in touch with our memories. Moreover, in today’s era of social media, some touch-ups are expected in order to remove the blemishes which appear on your bad days. Not only that but pictures can often be converted into masterpieces and artistic edits with a few tweaks. That being said, photo or Image editing software isn’t anything new.
However, with the new functionality that these tools offer, coupled with their simplicity means that you can take your pictures to the next level. Hence, if you really want to add your own flair to the multitude of photos in your portfolio or gallery, try out any of this photo editing software today.
Photo Editing Software
An innovative tool for every photographer, Picktorial prides itself in its intelligent design and ease of access on the Mac interface. Users can easily use the desired features and do so with the ease of knowing that any edits they make are not permanent and can easily be undone. Moreover, the flexible editing Picktorial incorporates allows users to adjust their workspace according to their requirements. Not only that but Picktorial also allows seamless RAW image editing in 16-bits, maximizing speed and quality. Furthermore, Digital Asset Management (DAM) is the name given to its picture library which allows you to organize all your photos, videos and edits alongside ratings and saved searches. Consequently, this management streamlines the editing process and speeds it up simultaneously.
- Picktorial offers a highly simplistic and intuitive workspace which ensures that artists perform at maximum efficiency while using their creative juices.
- It lets users to easily dictate what changes with light and color within a photo. using its vast array of powerful tools including exposure, highlights, shadows, and curves.
- Its art patch tool easily lets users get rid of unwanted objects in the photo which detract from its focus.
- With Picktorial’s smart retouching brushes, you can easily remove blemishes and other imperfections on the face while also sharpening a person’s features.
Picktorial offers a free and a premium version. The free version of the software incorporates the DAM, full JPEG support, 2 local adjustments per image and unlimited edits. The premium version offers all the additional features of the software. Its payment options may vary.
- Monthly plan - This $9.99/month plan includes all future updates.
- Annually plan - This $4.99/month plan provides unlimited local adjustments.
- One time purchase - This $69.99 plan includes maintenance updates only.
2. Portrait Professional
Currently recognized as one of the world’s best face retouching software, PortraitPro offers a wide range of functionality designed to overcome facial imperfections. Not only can these tools be utilized manually to give any picture the additional edge but its intelligent software enhances photos automatically as well.
Moreover, Its advanced layers functionality allows you to add external assets with ease. Alongside that, its smart face detection technology allows it to recognize age, gender, facial features, and background areas. Thereby, all of these make your job of editing and enhancing the picture that much easier.
- It offers a great collection of makeup tools which allow you to add lipstick, eyeshadow, blusher, and more to a photo.
- PortraitPro can be used to seamlessly remove blemishes from an image and also smoothen out the skin.
- A wide range of presets allows you to automatically retouch the face accordingly.
- Its restore brush also lets you remove any additional effects or changes you’ve made to any area of the photo, allowing you to selectively start from scratch as needed.
One time charge - ($44.95) Get lifetime access to all of its features.
3. Luminar 3
Luminar 3 is a feature-rich photo editor that is designed for the photographers of all skill levels, blending pro-level tools with remarkable ease of use & enjoyable experience. A new Library feature lets you organize, find and rate images easily, while over 100 editing features, plus a suite of fast AI-powered technologies under the hood, will make any photo stand out.
Why does Luminar 3 with Libraries matter?
It allows both the pro photographers and casual shooters a single place to organize their images & edit them with ease.
With Luminar 3, you don't have to look through each and every folder to find that one special photo of your family from years ago, or try and guess which shot you liked best from that series of images you took. A calendar, rating system and color labels help you accomplish this quickly.
Luminar 3 comes with the libraries that will help you to improve editing workflow. It offers correction & enhancement tools, edit synchronization, batch editing, customizable one-click preset, etc. That means that you can edit one image, and apply those exact same edits to other photos in just a couple of clicks.
- No subscriptions, one-time purchase at $70/€70/£65
- Intuitive and easy to understand user interface – no learning curve for beginners and easy to work with for pros
- No import for the photos that take longer loading time.
- Powerful AI technologies under the hood do a lot of the heavy lifting for you. Tools like the new AI Sky Enhancer or recently updated Accent AI 2.0 solve complex tasks almost instantaneously.
- Synchronizing image adjustment quickly, even with the layers & textures – can save you from the hours of editing time and frustration.
- Operates as a standalone app, a plugin to Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop, Photos for MacOS, Apple Aperture, and Photoshop Elements
- One-time purchase at $70/€70/£65
4. Photoshop Family
Who hasn’t heard about Adobe’s Creative Licenses and associated photo editing software? It’s obviously one of the best and most widely popular in the market. That’s because of good reason as well. Not only does it offer high-end functionality to its users but it’s also very powerful because of the vast array of tools up its sleeve. Indeed, there are some very vivid and marvelous creations which have been created by imaginative artists working with Adobe’s Lightroom, Photoshop and Fix. With these adept tools, you can work on any aspect of a pic with ease. Whether that is clarity, color, tone or any other form of image manipulation. All of these are available in the comprehensive tools offered within the Photoshop Family.
- With Lightroom, you can easily remove image defects and shapen, blur or brighten sections as needed.
- Through Photoshop and its layers, editing has never been easier and safer for users. You can add illustrations, effects, and assets to customize your photo while making it stand out.
- Furthermore, you can use all these features and much more across various platforms like Windows, Mac or mobile.
There are a variety of pricing options depending on the software that you wish to buy and your current status as an individual client, business or institution. Individuals have access to the following plans:
- Photography plan - ($13/month) This plan offers lightroom, photoshop, lightroom classic and up to 20 GB of cloud storage. Additional storage up to 1 TB can be bought as well.
- Single app - (Approximately $25/month) This set of plans allow you to get one app such as Photoshop, After Effects, Lightroom and others alongside 100 GB of cloud storage. The exact price depends on the app you wish to purchase.
- All apps - ($69.72/month) As mentioned in the name, this plan incorporates the 20+ apps offered by Adobe alongside 100 GB of cloud support which can be expanded up to 1 TB.
Note: Students can purchase the all apps subscription for $26/month for the first year only. Businesses have another set of options available to them alongside a commercial license.
- All apps - ($119/month/user) This plan includes everything available in the one for individuals with the same name. However, it also incorporates 24/7 customer and technical support. Schools and Universities can opt for this plan at $51.99/month/user.
- Single app - ($50.50/month/user) Alongside the app, you get the aforementioned technical support. For schools and universities, this option is available at $22.27/month/user
Note: You can even access a trial version for all these software before having to make a purchase.
5. ON1 Photo RAW 2019.5
ON1 Photo RAW 2019.5 is the ultimate alternative to Adobe® at an affordable price. You can browse and organize thousands of photos instantly with no import required - just point it to any folder or cloud service and get started. You get hundreds of one-click presets, filters, textures, backgrounds, and LUTs, easy yet powerful retouching and AI masking tools, Layers, HDR, Pano-stitching, Resize (with Genuine Fractals® tech) and more. ON1 Photo RAW 2019.5 offers you all the features in one application that photographers use most form the Lightroom and Photoshop world.
When you purchase ON1 Photo RAW 2019.5 you receive a perpetual license for the program. You own it forever, it's not a subscription. We deliver the training and skills needed to get the most out of your purchase, free world-class customer support, and free presets and materials each month to help boost your creativity. Our 30-day money back guarantees cover every purchase no questions asked.
Download a free 30-day trial of ON1 Photo RAW 2019 and see it in action: https://www.on1.com/downloads/
- Fast Browsing, Organizing, & Batch Processing
- Effortless Retouching, Masking, Blending, and Brushing
- Multi-layered compositing
- HDR Merge and Panorama Stitching
- RAW Processing & Non-Destructive Editing
- Image Resizing with patented Genuine Fractals technology
- Hundreds of Photo Effects, Filters, Presets, LUTs, and More!
- $79.99 – full version
- $63.99 – upgrade version
6. Portrait Pro Collection
Portrait Pro Collection contains presets that have been skillfully created by experts for both amateurish and professional photographers, who would like to develop a unique image editing style and make themselves recognizable.
With the help of these instruments, you can effortlessly embellish your portraits and achieve jaw-dropping results in 1-2 clicks. Not only photographers but also Insta bloggers and graphic designers can make good use of this diversified and original bundle. Being initially aimed at portrait photos, this package can be equally effective for improving wedding, urban, fashion, travel, and lifestyle images. These presets were hand-crafted and tested by pro retouchers from FixThePhoto.
- One-click photo editing
- Fully adjustable presets
- Available in the .lrtemplate and .xmp formats
- 70 Black & White presets as a FREE BONUS
- Suitable for all Lightroom version starting with 4th
- Can please both Mac and Windows users
- Great for editing RAW and JPEG pictures
- Comes with installation instructions
The cost of this software is $39 in which it consists of 40 portrait Lr presets, 10 mobile presets, 42 brushes and 70 bonus B&W effects.
If there’s a mobile editing app that can do more than the usual app, it’s Instasize. Whether you’re touching up your photos to get the optimal colors and lighting or making creative content for your brand or personal feed, Instasize is the all-around editing tool for you. We love that you can create collages, add borders, play around with filters and patterns, and even add text all in one app! You won’t need to download many apps that could take up the storage on your phone. Besides, you’ll get that storage to take even more photos.
To sum it all up, if you could have just one app to handle all your editing, cropping, and design needs, let it be Instasize. Not only is the app simple and straightforward, but it also doesn’t require a lot of processing power from your mobile phone.
- Intuitive editing tools with an easy-to-use interface
- Auto-resize for Facebook, Instagram, IG Stories, and more
- 10 free filters, 100+ premium filters
- 54 free border patterns, 100+ premium patterns
- 26 font styles, 40+ colors
- Access to Unsplash’s free image library
- Beauty tools for retouching portraits (iOS only)
- Video editing (iOS only)
You can subscribe to Premium for only $4.99/month so you can access even more creative tools.
8. Cgaga Fotosifter
Cgaga fotosifter is a professional and easy-to-use photo editing tool running on Windows 10 / 8.1/8/7 (64 bit). It provides users with an overall solution for photo management/classification and enhancement. It uses advanced algorithms and technologies (including accurate face recognition, artificial intelligence, and machine learning) for automatic intelligent classification. In addition to the photo video production function, users can quickly create photo slide videos, export, and share files.
The flagship product fotosifter is a simple and easy-to-use photo classification software, with automatic classification, photo enhancement, photo video production, and export functions. Cgaga team will continue to innovate and improve products to provide users with the best experience and services. Cgaga believes in improving life through the integration of technology and art.
- Automatically categorizes photos by person, place, date, and selection.
- Detect similar and duplicate photos. You can manage them and delete unwanted photos.
- Rate photos and add them to Favorites through quick access.
- Sort your specific photos in your own way with custom tags.
- Rich editing tools and slide effects make your photos more style
- 3-moths: $14.99
- 1-year: $36.99
- Lifetime: $56.99
9. Movavi Picverse
Movavi Picverse is a new photo editing mobile app that has all that you need for seamless and fast picture editing. Enhance your photos to make them look their best and share the results with your family, friends, and followers right from the photo app.
It contains all the basic and advanced editing tools to resize and rotate photos, regulate contrast, saturation, or temperature, and use point or selective blur. There are also hundreds of unique filters, effects, and textures to make your pictures unforgettable and promote your own vision of the arts. Enhance the quality of photos and create perfect shots for Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, or Pinterest.
- Movavi Picverse contains multiple adjustment tools.
- You can also find here +200 filters, effects, and textures
- New Winter filters, traveling filters (flight in Paris, Tokyo, or New York just for a second), filters for delicious food shots, and lots of others.
- Cool glitch and licks effects and fantastic paper or plastic textures.
Movavi Picverse is a free mobile app and almost all functions are available in the free version. However, it contains some paid features.
You can buy a monthly subscription at $3.99, a yearly subscription at $10.99, and buy a Lifetime Premium at $25.99.
10. Passport Photo Maker
Passport Photo Maker is a powerful tool for professional photographers and photo studios that helps make ID photos with minimum effort and time. Besides, it is also a great program for personal use. The intuitive software offers a rich collection of photo templates for 130+ counties and is equipped with face recognition and auto-crop features. That makes it possible for users to create perfectly approvable official photos in just a few clicks. Apart from cropping images, the tool allows users to change the background of the picture and digitally replace clothes.
After the work on the photo is done, the user can print as many copies of their credentials photos as they like on a paper format of their choice. And a studio can add their address and contacts to the photo for reference. Another advantage for professionals is that business owners can keep an activity journal and order statistics within the program. That allows them to monitor their employees and earnings and keep track of their clients.
Thanks to the many features of this ID image creator, it will become a valuable asset for photo businesses. Apart from that, it will provide 100% compliable ID pictures to casual users in the comfort of their homes. The fair price of Passport Photo Maker and a variety of license options give all potential clients a chance to experience the program for themselves without going over their budget.
- Create photos for local and international IDs of 10+ countries.
- Crop pictures according to all the requirements using templates.
- Replace the background with the required color.
- Change clothes to more formal ones.
- Keep a record of clients and earnings.
- Create photo layouts for zero waste printing.
- Print pictures in any paper format or save them for online applications.
- Passport Photo Maker STANDARD – A lifetime license for home users with a year of free updates costs $39.95 and includes background replacer, basic enhancement tools, clothes changer.
- Passport Photo Maker STUDIO – A lifetime license for professional photographers with a year of free updates at the price of $99.95. In addition to the functions of the STANDARD license, is equipped with statistics and price management feature, webcam support, cost-saving print layouts, high priority technical support.
- Passport Photo Maker ENTERPRISE – A multi-user license (for 5 workstations) for large photography companies that has all the functions of the STUDIO version at a 50% discount ($49.59 per user).
PhotoWorks is a multifunctional picture editor and retoucher for photo enthusiasts of all skill levels. The program is equipped with a content-aware AI that automates image enhancement - it recognizes faces, textures, details, and flaws in a picture and allows to modify them in a slider drag. That makes editing accessible even for beginners. But since PhotoWorks comes with professional tools like Curves, Tone Mapping, HDR effects, and 3D LUT presets, the software will also be useful for professional photographers.
With PhotoWorks, users can perform not only basic tasks like cropping pictures, adjusting their tone and color balance, and adding filters to them. Users can also perform more complex editing: change the background, overlay images, apply Radial and Graduated filters, delete strangers and unnecessary objects, and more. PhotoWorks also has a powerful portrait module with auto-presets that can help retouch and sculpt faces, smoothen skin, whiten teeth, and add a tan. What’s more, you can digitally reshape bodies with the help of this tool. Creative people can opt for adding some extra details at the end as well: quotes, watermarks, effects, or frames.
Furthermore, the diversity of tools in PhotoWorks gives photographers a chance to use the program on a daily basis for most of their photos. And the free trial allows them to explore the program in advance and then choose the most convenient and affordable license option for them.
- Color correct your picture, improve its dynamic range, and fix the exposure.
- Retouch portraits and full-length photos: improve photos in a click, sculpt faces and bodies, remove blemishes and whiten the teeth.
- Use 180+ filters: Color Splash, HDR, vintage, photographic film imitation, and more.
- Change the background in your image, overlay images, and create photo montages.
- Reduce noise in pics or digitally remove strangers and unnecessary objects from a photo.
- Decorate your photo with effects: add a frame, overlay a text, or watermark your shot and make templates of your watermarks for your future works.
- PhotoWorks STANDARD – 1-year subscription with all the essential tools like fixing blurry images, an increase of clarity, auto-retouch of portraits, removal of unwanted effects, correction of distortions and perspectives. Free updates to new versions. All for a minimal price of $19.25.
- PhotoWorks PRO – 1-year subscription, which has all functions of the STANDARD version and additional 150+ one-click effects that will make editing a one-minute job. The cost of the subscription is $39.20.
- PhotoWorks ULTIMATE – Lifetime license with 12 months of free updates. In addition to the STANDARD option features, this version is equipped with 180+ one-click effects, background removal & switcher tool, 3D LUTs, and other features for pros.
PhotoDiva is a free body and face retoucher for those who want to get a digital glow-up in a couple of clicks. The program is packed with beautification tools such as teeth whitener, face reshaper, and body slimmer and sculptor. What’s more, with the help of PhotoDiva, the users can remove any blemishes, unwanted effects like red-eyes, delete strangers and unnecessary objects from their photos, and experiment with their appearance by changing the color of their eyes and hair.
This tool is powered by smart artificial intelligence, which makes editing pretty intuitive for a user of any skill level. Apart from the free version, PhotoDiva is also available in more advanced paid editions, which will be handy for professional photographers to use on a daily basis.
- Remove blemishes, smoothen wrinkles, get rid of eye bags, whiten teeth.
- Apply digital makeup to your face.
- Reshape your body: enhance muscles and curves, lengthen legs, enlarge breasts, narrow down waists.
- Sculpt faces: make a smaller nose, bigger eyes, plumper lips, add a smile, whiten teeth.
- Delete strangers and random objects from shots.
- Crop, rotate, color correct, sharpen, and blur your photos.
- Add a final touch with 100+ stylish filters.
- PhotoDiva Free Version – The retoucher version for occasional users, which will help smoothen skin and wrinkles, reshape bodies and faces, change the color of eyes and hair.
- PhotoDiva Essentials – In addition to the free version, Essentials has an auto face retouch, objects eraser. You also get free updates for the newer versions and technical support. And that comes at a price of $19.25.
- PhotoDiva PRO – It has all the features of the Essentials version and such extra tools as background change and blurs feature, face contouring. You can get the PRO version for a minimal price of $29.40.
- PhotoDiva Ultimate – This is the fullest version of PhotoDiva for professionals that has all the functions of the PRO edition and is complemented by 100+ photo filter effects that will help you add a finishing touch to your photographs. The Ultimate version comes at a price of $39.20.
13. Photo Calendar Creator
Photo Calendar Creator is a handy tool for people who want to make their own calendars and planners. The software is equipped with 250+ calendar and planner templates of all kinds: pocket, spiral-bound, wall, desktop, booklet, and more. With their help, you can design a gorgeous calendar in a couple of clicks. You can also add a unique touch to it by customizing fonts and grids, importing your pictures, and decorating them with masks and clipart.
Moreover, the software allows highlighting international holidays, so you don’t miss any of them. In case you have any big days or birthdays coming up, you can mark those dates in the calendar by adding pictures of the celebrants to the cells.
When you are done with the design, you can either save your project in a popular graphic format or print it right away. Photo Calendar Creator is great for both personal and professional use. With this software, you can make a unique piece of home decor, a memorable gift to a loved one, or perfect business promotion. What’s more, the tool is super intuitive, so you don’t have to be a graphic designer to do a pro-level job in it.
- 250+ calendar templates: wall, spiral-bound, desktop, pocket, etc.
- Collection of frames, masks, clipart, and text styles.
- Tools for customization and personalization.
- Built-in lists of national holidays.
- Option to create your own holiday or big events list.
- Bilingual calendars.
- Highlights of holidays and weekends.
- Premium quality printing as JPEG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, PDF, CMYK.
- Photo Calendar Creator STANDARD – A perfect choice for casual use. The license allows making calendars of any type, using 100+ templates, choosing a background from the program collection, adding your pics to grid cells, and changing month styles. The package comes at a price of $18.90.
- Photo Calendar Creator DELUXE – A solution for creative enthusiasts who love unique gifts and home decor. In addition to the features of the Standard license, the version allows adding photo collages and moon phases, highlighting special events, and using 250+ calendar templates. The license costs $25.20.
- Photo Calendar Creator PRO – A reliable tool for professionals that allows in-depth modifying. Apart from the Deluxe features, the edition lets you send your project layers to Adobe Photoshop for extra editing. What’s more, you can make bilingual calendars and export multi-page projects as PDF, TIFF, and CMYK. You can get the pro version for $31.50.