Pictures help us to keep in touch with our memories. Moreover, in today’s era of social media, some touch-ups are expected in order to remove the blemishes which appear on your bad days. Not only that but pictures can often be converted into masterpieces and artistic edits with a few tweaks. That being said, photo or Image editing software isn’t anything new.
However, with the new functionality that these tools offer, coupled with their simplicity means that you can take your pictures to the next level. Hence, if you really want to add your own flair to the multitude of photos in your portfolio or gallery, try out any of this photo editing software today.
Photo Editing Software
An innovative tool for every photographer, Picktorial prides itself in its intelligent design and ease of access on the Mac interface. Users can easily use the desired features and do so with the ease of knowing that any edits they make are not permanent and can easily be undone. Moreover, the flexible editing Picktorial incorporates allows users to adjust their workspace according to their requirements. Not only that but Picktorial also allows seamless RAW image editing in 16-bits, maximizing speed and quality. Furthermore, Digital Asset Management (DAM) is the name given to its picture library which allows you to organize all your photos, videos and edits alongside ratings and saved searches. Consequently, this management streamlines the editing process and speeds it up simultaneously.
- Picktorial offers a highly simplistic and intuitive workspace which ensures that artists perform at maximum efficiency while using their creative juices.
- It lets users to easily dictate what changes with light and color within a photo. using its vast array of powerful tools including exposure, highlights, shadows, and curves.
- Its art patch tool easily lets users get rid of unwanted objects in the photo which detract from its focus.
- With Picktorial’s smart retouching brushes, you can easily remove blemishes and other imperfections on the face while also sharpening a person’s features.
Picktorial offers a free and a premium version. The free version of the software incorporates the DAM, full JPEG support, 2 local adjustments per image and unlimited edits. The premium version offers all the additional features of the software. Its payment options may vary.
- Monthly plan - This $9.99/month plan includes all future updates.
- Annually plan - This $4.99/month plan provides unlimited local adjustments.
- One time purchase - This $69.99 plan includes maintenance updates only.
2. Portrait Professional
Currently recognized as one of the world’s best face retouching software, PortraitPro offers a wide range of functionality designed to overcome facial imperfections. Not only can these tools be utilized manually to give any picture the additional edge but its intelligent software enhances photos automatically as well.
Moreover, Its advanced layers functionality allows you to add external assets with ease. Alongside that, its smart face detection technology allows it to recognize age, gender, facial features, and background areas. Thereby, all of these make your job of editing and enhancing the picture that much easier.
- It offers a great collection of makeup tools which allow you to add lipstick, eyeshadow, blusher, and more to a photo.
- PortraitPro can be used to seamlessly remove blemishes from an image and also smoothen out the skin.
- A wide range of presets allows you to automatically retouch the face accordingly.
- Its restore brush also lets you remove any additional effects or changes you’ve made to any area of the photo, allowing you to selectively start from scratch as needed.
One time charge - ($44.95) Get lifetime access to all of its features.
3. Luminar 3
Luminar 3 is a feature-rich photo editor that is designed for the photographers of all skill levels, blending pro-level tools with remarkable ease of use & enjoyable experience. A new Library feature lets you organize, find and rate images easily, while over 100 editing features, plus a suite of fast AI-powered technologies under the hood, will make any photo stand out.
Why does Luminar 3 with Libraries matter?
It allows both the pro photographers and casual shooters a single place to organize their images & edit them with ease.
With Luminar 3, you don't have to look through each and every folder to find that one special photo of your family from years ago, or try and guess which shot you liked best from that series of images you took. A calendar, rating system and color labels help you accomplish this quickly.
Luminar 3 comes with the libraries that will help you to improve editing workflow. It offers correction & enhancement tools, edit synchronization, batch editing, customizable one-click preset, etc. That means that you can edit one image, and apply those exact same edits to other photos in just a couple of clicks.
- No subscriptions, one-time purchase at $70/€70/£65
- Intuitive and easy to understand user interface – no learning curve for beginners and easy to work with for pros
- No import for the photos that take longer loading time.
- Powerful AI technologies under the hood do a lot of the heavy lifting for you. Tools like the new AI Sky Enhancer or recently updated Accent AI 2.0 solve complex tasks almost instantaneously.
- Synchronizing image adjustment quickly, even with the layers & textures – can save you from the hours of editing time and frustration.
- Operates as a standalone app, a plugin to Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop, Photos for MacOS, Apple Aperture, and Photoshop Elements
- One-time purchase at $70/€70/£65
4. Photoshop Family
Who hasn’t heard about Adobe’s Creative Licenses and associated photo editing software? It’s obviously one of the best and most widely popular in the market. That’s because of good reason as well. Not only does it offer high-end functionality to its users but it’s also very powerful because of the vast array of tools up its sleeve. Indeed, there are some very vivid and marvelous creations which have been created by imaginative artists working with Adobe’s Lightroom, Photoshop and Fix. With these adept tools, you can work on any aspect of a pic with ease. Whether that is clarity, color, tone or any other form of image manipulation. All of these are available in the comprehensive tools offered within the Photoshop Family.
- With Lightroom, you can easily remove image defects and shapen, blur or brighten sections as needed.
- Through Photoshop and its layers, editing has never been easier and safer for users. You can add illustrations, effects, and assets to customize your photo while making it stand out.
- Furthermore, you can use all these features and much more across various platforms like Windows, Mac or mobile.
There are a variety of pricing options depending on the software that you wish to buy and your current status as an individual client, business or institution. Individuals have access to the following plans:
- Photography plan - ($13/month) This plan offers lightroom, photoshop, lightroom classic and up to 20 GB of cloud storage. Additional storage up to 1 TB can be bought as well.
- Single app - (Approximately $25/month) This set of plans allow you to get one app such as Photoshop, After Effects, Lightroom and others alongside 100 GB of cloud storage. The exact price depends on the app you wish to purchase.
- All apps - ($69.72/month) As mentioned in the name, this plan incorporates the 20+ apps offered by Adobe alongside 100 GB of cloud support which can be expanded up to 1 TB.
Note: Students can purchase the all apps subscription for $26/month for the first year only. Businesses have another set of options available to them alongside a commercial license.
- All apps - ($119/month/user) This plan includes everything available in the one for individuals with the same name. However, it also incorporates 24/7 customer and technical support. Schools and Universities can opt for this plan at $51.99/month/user.
- Single app - ($50.50/month/user) Alongside the app, you get the aforementioned technical support. For schools and universities, this option is available at $22.27/month/user
Note: You can even access a trial version for all these software before having to make a purchase.
5. ON1 Photo RAW 2019.5
ON1 Photo RAW 2019.5 is the ultimate alternative to Adobe® at an affordable price. You can browse and organize thousands of photos instantly with no import required - just point it to any folder or cloud service and get started. You get hundreds of one-click presets, filters, textures, backgrounds, and LUTs, easy yet powerful retouching and AI masking tools, Layers, HDR, Pano-stitching, Resize (with Genuine Fractals® tech) and more. ON1 Photo RAW 2019.5 offers you all the features in one application that photographers use most form the Lightroom and Photoshop world.
When you purchase ON1 Photo RAW 2019.5 you receive a perpetual license for the program. You own it forever, it's not a subscription. We deliver the training and skills needed to get the most out of your purchase, free world-class customer support, and free presets and materials each month to help boost your creativity. Our 30-day money back guarantees cover every purchase no questions asked.
Download a free 30-day trial of ON1 Photo RAW 2019 and see it in action: https://www.on1.com/downloads/
- Fast Browsing, Organizing, & Batch Processing
- Effortless Retouching, Masking, Blending, and Brushing
- Multi-layered compositing
- HDR Merge and Panorama Stitching
- RAW Processing & Non-Destructive Editing
- Image Resizing with patented Genuine Fractals technology
- Hundreds of Photo Effects, Filters, Presets, LUTs, and More!
- $79.99 – full version
- $63.99 – upgrade version