Almost 20 years ago we use to create paperwork for our businesses. However, how that paperwork is stored, shared and referenced later has fundamentally changed. Today, most of our documentation needs are met online either via Google’s Docs or the ever popular Dropbox.
However, what if we told you that there were better options to maintain your written files? Document management involves so much more than merely keeping a stock of everything wordy that your company’s employees have worked on.
It involves days’ worth of collaboration, sharing, churned out drafts and long comments. These can get bothersome really quickly if you don’t have the right program to help you.
If you’re bothered by cumbersome document processing and management software while also not wanting to pay premium rates for the big hitters, here’s a list which might just come in handy.
Personal Document Management Software
Bitrix24 is a comprehensive document manager. It understands your needs, probably a little better than you understand them yourself. Not only does it offer a productive workplace where employees can engage in creative tasks, but it also does so at a price which won't break the bank. No matter what size firm you are. Furthermore, it offers storage both via the cloud and on an on-site basis if you’ve your own server. This has the possibility to cut down prices even further. It’s also among the only document management software which offers free cloud storage.
- You can manage your documents remotely via its website or mobile application on iOS and Android.
- It allows you to access its API and open source code if you want to customize the program for your own needs.
- Its Amazon cloud is ISO certified, and HIPAA and PCI DSS compliant.
- You can easily integrate your management system with other software like Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive.
- Several users can access the same document simultaneously, allowing real-time multi-user editing.
After the expiration of its free trial, Bitrix24 has several packages and billing options depending on the needs of your business. The following are the packages and prices when billed monthly. Plans can be 5% to 20% less expensive if billed at longer durations. Cloud-based packages include:
- Free: Aimed at businesses just starting out, this plan allows up to 12 users and 5 GB of cloud storage. Otherwise, you have access to all document management features that Bitrix24 has to offer.
- CRM+ ($69/month): Expanding businesses are allowed up to 6 users and 50 GB of storage in this plan
- Standard ($99/month): This plan allows up to 50 members to collaborate on the platform while providing 100 GB of cloud storage
- Professional ($199/month): Within this plan, larger firms can utilize teams comprising an unlimited number of users alongside unlimited storage.
As mentioned above, you can even opt for on-site plans which allow you to maintain your storage. One advantage that they offer is that a one-time payment fee is all that’s needed to book the server. Prices vary by users in the packages and details are as follows:
- Bitrix24.CRM ($1,490): This plan allows up to 12 users.
- Business ($2,990-$14,990): This one offers the platform to 50 to 500 users depending on your needs.
- Enterprise ($24,990-$59,990): A plan aimed at larger institutions, this one offers its services to teams comprising 1000 members and more.
Document management is crucial to any office. However, storing your files on a local hard drive or server exposes them to risks such as burglary, fire, flood and drive failure. This is precisely where Folderit enters the picture. A powerful yet user-friendly tool, Folderit offers only the features that real people are likely to need. Specifically designed to be adaptable to the requirements for scalable businesses, Folderit can be used by small organizations and large companies alike. Moreover, its user-friendly interface makes the process of document management a breeze.
- You can share documents or folders with different users while allocating different permissions about how to interact with the file (comment, view or edit).
- It has an in-built powerful search engine which swiftly looks through files, folders and even the texts of documents through powerful Optical Character Recognition.
- Furthermore, you can set automatic notifications for changes made to certain documents. These can be customized to pop up as soon as changes are made or in batches.
- You can upload newer file versions while retaining all information and metadata about older ones. This helps you keep track of your work and revert to older versions of any document if necessary.
After a 30 day free trial period which requires no credit card information to set up, you can opt for any of the following plans offered by Folderit. Plans billed annually are 10% cheaper compared to plans billed on a monthly basis.
- Bronze ($97.20/year): This pack offers file storage of up to 250 GB and allows a maximum of 5 collaborators on a project.
- Silver ($205.20/year): This plan expands storage to a limit of 500 GB with the maximum people in the team to 20.
- Gold ($529.20/year): This one offers 1 TB of storage and allows 50 people.
- Platinum ($961.20/year): This pack increases storage to 2 TB and allows an unlimited number of people to work on the projects you set.
Document management is critical to business operations as a means of communication, for legal reasons including protection from litigation and also to increase accountability to stakeholders. Consequently, papers and documents become more than just records. They become vital components in businesses crucial to ensuring their efficient operation.
OpenKM supports and bolsters these outcomes of good document management by delivering an easy-to-use interface, convenient optical character recognition, optical mark recognition and even tracking.
- You can easily integrate with commercial technology like Abby Flexicapture, Kofax and Cognitive Forms using OpenKM which can also transform these documents into business-ready data.
- You can view various versions of your file, including the changes made and even restore these changes.
- OpenKM allows you access to a document trail which will record the various activities conducted and users involved within any project.
- The platform is designed to be integrable with third-party software including Google Drive, Microsoft Office, WordPress and Joomla among others.
OpenKM quotes prices based on the size of your company and its needs. Hence, you’d have to contact them to get further details regarding pricing.