Patch management process is something which manages computer networks with the deployment of missing patches. In case, if this process requires to do more than once, you can automate it using patch management software. With the help of a patch management tool, you can streamline the entire process of patch management. Normally, the patch manager has to follow six steps in the patch management process such as scanning, synchronizing, deploying, downloading, testing, and lastly generating reports.
Most significantly, patch management software has a lot of benefits and it is perfect for organizations. The main benefit of this tool is security and productivity. Most of the software manufacturers often launch patch management software to solve security vulnerabilities done by people aiming to harm the network or by malicious software. Furthermore, you can also find many other rich features in patch management tools which will benefit you a lot.
You will find Itarian as one of the most effective patch management software which will allow you to run your organization flawlessly. Usually, huge organizations make the use of software to carry out their business efficiently and this Itarian patch manager can deal with a network of your computers. It notices certain endpoints which have vulnerabilities and requires patching process at that time. It will not only deploy operating system updates remotely for Linux and Windows but also create policies to apply updates automatically to numerous tagged endpoints at the proper time. You can view its other great features below to understand more. Thus, Itarian patch manager has come into existence with its excellent features given below.
- Itarian operates with vital sources of patch intelligence like CVE, Microsoft Security Bulletin, application vendors, Microsoft, automated crawler systems, etc., to recognize the relevant updates for your area. Also, it offers extensive and deep testing features to accept bulk patches immediately.
- Through the feature of automatic discovery of all tagged endpoints, it tailors a real-time view of your network to identify missing or installed security patches as well as to detect vulnerabilities. Its prioritization features can deploy patches on the basis of the vendor, type, or severity.
- It also consists of scheduling features to automate scheduling for main updates on a daily basis. With the help of this patch management tool, you can schedule your installation process based on computer, time, user-defined collections of computers or group.
- Itarian can keep control over every reboot scenario and schedule which thereby helps in reducing downtime. Moreover, it will help you to report and track all network status changes, endpoint patch policies, any failed deployment attempts, and applied or missing patches as well.
- Enterprises can maintain complete patch consistency on the schedule to ensure ongoing compliance within the business premise. They can also track and patch every application on the network to offer visibility into world patch inventory with advanced health reports and network status.
For getting free Itarian patch management software, you can sign up or else you can request a demo for knowing its real pricing plans. Paid software will have various rich features which can help you to manage your business with ease.
Solarwinds patch manager involves features like testing, acquisition, and installing of code. It often assists in fixing, updating, or improving the version of the program or its related information. Although software patching is important for IT security, it can take a lot of time to apply and track patches manually in the whole IT infrastructure. Therefore, many of the businessmen choose Solarwinds patch manager to make the patching process automated. The other features of this software will make you aware of its benefits.
Solarwinds patch management tool is applicable to workstations, Microsoft servers, and third-party applications. Look below to understand its other amazing features.
- Solarwinds is a simplified patch management software which automates reporting and patching by simplifying patch management on workstations and servers to save a lot of time.
- This patch manager can use SCCM easily to keep your servers, laptops, desktops, and VMs secured and patched with the advanced patches for 3rd-party applications. Despite using SCCM, it can even demonstrate patch compliance by staying on top of vulnerabilities and generating summary reports.
- Utilizing the feature of patch status dashboard, it can keep the track of patched servers or desktops, especially with new patches mounting. Also, you can observe the top 10 missing patches, latest available patches, and your common environment health.
- With the assistance of Solarwinds, you can use 3rd-party app packages like Java for scripting, researching, testing, and packaging patches for the 3rd-party apps. The packages are already tested by the company Solarwinds.
Solarwinds offers you the provision to download the free trial of the software which is fully functional for 30 days. The pricing of this software is started from $3,750 for 250 nodes to 150,000 for 60,000 nodes.
3. Patch Manager Plus
Patch Manager Plus is one of the latest patch management software which renders all-around patching solutions to various companies. It provides automated patch deployment operations for Linux endpoints, MacOS, and Windows along with patching support to 300+ third-party applications. In spite of this, you can use the patch manager on both the cloud and on-premises. Its common features are reliability, compliance, blazing speed, visibility, and flexibility. This patching tool comes with distinctly unique features which you can see right below.
This software provides you the flexibility to customize deployment policies to fulfill your organizational patching needs. If you will see below, you will come to know in detail about this patch management software.
- It ensures automation of all patch management phases like assessment, reporting, scanning, and deployment. Likewise, it secures networks by applying on-time patches to applications and OS. Not only this, but it also assists you to gain 100% status of patch compliance across all systems.
- Patch Manager Plus utilizes outstanding auditing and reporting feature to better examine and resolve vulnerabilities quicker. It helps in rolling back declined patches, minimizing less critical patches, and canceling to prioritize your deployment.
- Rather than operating manually, you can use this software to deploy the latest feature update to secure your Windows 10 PC without compromising on productivity. You are also able to create test patches, test groups, and approve automatically for deployment.
- For third-party applications patching, it manages over 250+ third-party applications like WinRAR, Java, Adobe, etc. You will find this feature very beneficial and versatile for your entire enterprise.
- Free Edition: The free edition of the software is fully functional and it is suitable for SMBs. It can support up to 25 computers. You would need to sign up for cloud edition and download for on-premises edition.
- Professional: The professional edition allows to patch Windows, Linux, and Mac and it operates as 3rd party patch management. It also offers service pack deployment and patch management reports. It is suitable for computers on the LAN. You can have a 30-day free trial of this edition.
- Enterprise: The enterprise edition is suitable for computers in WAN and it also includes professional edition features along with other additional features. The other features are distribution server for bandwidth optimization, antivirus updates, server application patch management, two-factor authentication, and test & approve patches. It also provides a 30-day free trial on cloud and on-premise edition.