The OCR software is an optical character recognition tool that enables you to do the conversion of scanned documents into text searchable files. These days, it is quite common to scan the documents to view and share via electronic means conveniently.
Moreover, you can make the use of copy and paste tools on the document rather than rewriting everything to make it correct. The OCR software is quite accurate and quick which further ensures that the document’s content stays undamaged while saving time as well.
1. OmniPage Ultimate
OmniPage Ultimate OCR software is very easy, robust, and reliable to use. In fact, it is the best solution for various companies. There is no meaning in wasting money and time in scanning documents. Instead, you can take the benefit of the features of this software. Besides, it lets you quickly convert all of your PDFs and paper files into real editable digital forms and files.
- This software enables direct conversion to popular file formats. Also, it can handle multiple documents at a time. Furthermore, it displays page thumbnails from another open document to move or copy pages of the documents.
- DocuDirect has the ability to transfer converted files automatically to multiple destinations, predefined destination, or on-demand to anyone, anywhere. In addition, it makes the most appropriate workflow by observing a shared folder and sending converted files automatically.
- It provides you with the cloud support which lets you download input files from sites of web storage and produce recognition results.
- The Nuance Cloud Connector app renders access to innumerable cloud services including Box, Microsoft SkyDrive, GoogleDocs, and more.
- Furthermore, it comes with built-in scanner enhancement tools that enable you to have more control over better margin cleaning, despeckling, and control while capturing whiteboard content by digital camera.
- The OmniPage Ultimate is the most trusted OCR software which you can access for free or by paying $499. In this price, you can get various valuable features with the OmniPage Ultimate OCR software.
2. Abbyy FineReader 14
Abbyy FineReader 14 is an all-in-one PDF and OCR software application which assist you to enhance business productivity while operating with documents. Although, it offers easy-to-use tools to modify and access data locked in PDF files and paper-based documents. More significantly, it is a one-stop solution to convert, edit, compare, protect, and review scans and PDFs.
- Abby FineReader 14 lets you edit text, change images, search and comment any PDF, organize pages, manage metadata, fill forms and more.
- It also involves in retain text formatting, text and table extraction, convenient interface, bookmark & navigate, and so on.
- When it comes to comparing documents, it equips rich and reliable features such as 35 languages supported, save a report in PDF or word, focus on changes that matter, no change goes unnoticed, an effective comparison that saves time & effort.
- It converts PDFs and scans of the software without any hassle. Easily get editable copies, access PDF documents universally, create searchable files, proofread before saving, train FineReader, create e-books, etc.
- This OCR software allows you to automate the conversion of collected documents, schedule conversion, create watched folder, monitor mailbox attachments, and streamline.
- For accessing Abbyy FineReader 14, you can either buy it at a suitable price or get a free trial. Likewise, you can also send a request for a demo of their pricing plans. This company also offers volume licenses for businesses at attractive discounts.
3. Readiris 17
Readiris 17 is an OCR and PDF publishing software designed for Windows. It has become an intuitive, intelligent, and unique solution for the people to manage paper documents and PDFs. Undoubtedly, it is a tool to edit and annotate, aggregate and split, and protect and sign your PDFs.
Basically, it is even a global solution to edit, transform, and convert all your paper documents into different kinds of digital formats within a few minutes.
- It allows you to rapidly capture and convert your documents to editable PDFs. It also enables you to manage your documents with ease.
- This tool is quite perfect for collaboration with your clients as it provides you a collection of tools to append hypertext lines, annotations, and comments, etc.
- Also, you can simply sign and protect your file to transfer them electronically. It will make everything simpler for you right from editing or scanning to converting texts, images, and PDFs.
- Above all, this software also offers you features like multi-format import, scan from your all-in-one copier, twain scanner compatibility, etc.
- Moreover, you can easily get more than 130 language support, automatic image correction & rotation, and right-click to convert & export using this software.
Readiris PDF 17 Plan - Rate of this plan is $49 and it involves some of the features like create your PDFs, merges your PDFs, annotations & comments in PDF, 30 languages recognized, import from your computer, voice annotations & reading aloud of your PDF files, and 20% faster document processing.
Readiris Pro 17 Plan - The company costs $99 for downloading this software and it includes many other features like edit your PDFs, converts & export to Microsoft office.
Readiris Corporate 17 Plan - You can download Readiris corporate 17 at $199 with a wide range of features like managing watched folders, split your files, batch processing of documents, protect & sign your PDFs for long term archiving.
OCRvision is an optical character recognition(OCR) software. OCRvision runs as a service in the background and converts any new scanned files or image files to searchable PDFs. Using this software you can automate the batch OCR conversion of your scanned pdfs to searchable PDFs. This software works offline ie OCRvision is not connecting to any external APIs for OCR process. This software supports multiple languages.
Users are provided with the option of configuring any local folder on their system as a “magic folder.” This magic folder will be monitored by the software. Whenever a newly scanned image or scanned PDF appears in this folder OCRvision converts the file to searchable PDF.
You can download the OCR software from their website.
- Auto OCR: It runs in the background with complete automation
- Multi-language support: This software handles documents in multiple languages.
- Digital Transformation: You can work digitally by going paperlessly with this software.
- Offline OCR
It is free for personal usage. There is a page restriction per document for a demo version. If you are planning to use it for commercial purposes, you have to purchase the license.
5. OCR Text Detection Tool
OCR Text Detection Tool is an OCR software for Windows 10 which supports textual recognition of any Image or PDF file. The app supports a variety of options to process an input file: make a screenshot, choose a file from the folder, or use a camera to capture an image. Additionally, it is able to recognize a hand-written text which makes it an outstanding tool for any kind of research or file processing operations. Finally, you are able to translate an output text to more than 114 languages in a single click, right after the processing. In contrast to other apps, OCR Text Detection Tool performs recognition of a mixed-language text on a very high-quality level with no mistakes or transliteration.
- Text detection from image
- Text detection from PDF
- Region detection
- Screenshot detection
- Drag and drop
- Text-based handwriting detection
- Text translation
- Friendly UI
- Desktop, mobile, tablet
You can get the free trial of the software with flexible pricing by contacting the sales team.