Voice recognition technology has come a long way and is used in various applications such as automotive, aeronautical, law and so on. However, one of the few sectors that depend highly on voicing is the health industry. This is because it is vital for any medical organization to document significant patient information. It has many advantages of voice recognition software in health organizations, including financial advantages.
However, the sole aim of the medical voice identification software is not to record the data. The specific voice document must be generated so that the medical organization is able to use it for downstream tasks such as quality assurance, medical reviews, and billing.
In this article, we have developed a list of the best voice recognition software for medical use in order to improve the quality of the medical care provided to both patients and clinicians by every healthcare organization.
1. Nuance Dragon Medical
Dragon Medical makes it easy and fast for you to update your electronic patient records. Its clinical voice recognition solutions enable doctors and nurses to quickly and accurately capture and document patient data, save them time and improve the quality of the record as well as speed up the availability & quality for health care data.
- Avoid error with Dragon Medical systems that recognize clinical vocabulary and adapt to your voice, speech style, and accent.
- The ability to record a more complete and accurate patient story helps to improve clinical decision-making.
- Dragon Medical speech-to-text provides free time by removing the healthcare practitioner from your keyboard and screen.
- Nuance solutions are developed to work with the standard industrial clinical IT platforms – including Allscripts, Cerner, CSC, EMIS Health, McKesson, Sectra, and GE.
Contact the sales team for pricing details.
2. VTEX Voice Solutions SayIt
It translates your voice into text with the minimum required configuration. SayIt has something to help most healthcare providers and other employees, from doctors to administrators. It's cloud-based and accessible on iPhone and Android. In addition, this revolutionary software for voice recognition helps doctors to spend more time with patients and facilitates the use of an EMR or other electronic documentation.
- Voice to text, vocabulary and personalized shortcuts accessible without synchronization through the cloud.
- The centralized management console streamlines configuration and management on a computer at no additional price.
- SayIt works both for Windows and OS X. You can operate it without extra costs on as many computers as you need.
- A free wireless app for your iPhone or Android is included with a subscription.
All maintenance and upgrades included in affordable annual or monthly subscriptions at no additional cost. Monthly subscription starts at $95 and it also provides a free trial for 7 days.
Bizmatics' PrognoCIS is an electronic medical record (EMR), billing system and practice management solution based on an innovative cloud-controlled basis. It provides appointment management, charting, e-Commanding, E/M coding, a patient portal, and more.
- Most doctors speak more than 120 wpm but type fewer than 40 wpm. The recognition of voice allows you to document in less time.
- Cloud-based speech implies that the most recent medical dictionary, terms, sentences, and guidelines for clinical formatting are always available to you. Organizations and individual users can also adapt their medical vocabulary to individual needs.
- Speak naturally without waiting for the recognized text to appear on screen with SpeakAheadTM technology.
- Customized vocabulary and templates can be shared across selected mobile, web, and desktop apps.
To get the pricing details, you need to contact the vendor.