Before the advent of library management software, there was plenty of manual work in the library. Ordering the books, managing the inventory consumed more time and workforce. In recent years, many organizations have opted for automated library management software. The software aims at automating the administrative aspects of the library. In this article, we will provide a list of best library management software for the year 2019.
webLIBRARIAN introduced by CR2 company that is integrated with library automation software. The software allows librarians to easily and efficiently manage subscription and lending of serials, journals, periodicals or magazines. It has a multi-language interface, intuitive dashboard that helps in circulation management. Furthermore, the functionalities of this software allow you to manage & disseminate information of the whole library through a simple and interactive interface. webLIBRARIAN is well-suited for all kind of libraries.
Features Of webLIBRARIAN
- webLIBRARIAN is completely based on web technology and has an enhanced multi-language interface.
- It provides the facility for auto-scheduled tasks like managing emails and database maintenance.
- Easy dissemination of information through the multi-location web interface and smart dashboard.
- This library management software provides several functionalities like acquisitions, cataloging, article indexing, bar code generation, and serial control.
- Bar code and radio frequency identification technology make the circulation system easier.
- It even allows you to easily add up to 20 different fields for entering data of new and upcoming resources in different type.
Pricing Of webLIBRARIAN
webLIBRARIAN does not offer any preset packages for its services. Therefore, you’d have to provide the specifications and requirements of your business in order to get the pertinent quotes from the providers. However, you can view a demo of its operation while deciding if the software is for you.
2. Zoho Library Management
Creator library management software is one of the best products introduced by Zoho Corporation. You can maintain the member database, check records, all from a single application. This is an effective way to manage all the student records and data in an organized way without any hassle. Hence, it offers comprehensive services to handle membership details, keep track of borrowed books, and filter data by specifics categories.
Features Of Zoho Library Management:
- With a simple card swipe, Zoho automatically added the readers checked in and out time to the records.
- It provides the rase of a journal, magazine, resource or a book to the central database by scanning the ISBN barcode.
- Streamline membership management wherein the librarians can manage library assets and generate reports.
- You can manage the request, approve and reject requests of new books faster. Based on the records, librarians can extend the due date for books.
- Librarians can check the logged time of every individual member at a specific time and view their entire history.
Pricing Of Zoho Library Management:
You can opt for either of the four payment options below to get access to the services that Zoho offers:
- Basic: This plan costs you ₹600/month where you customize the design for web, mobile and tablet interfaces, import report from excel, DB files and submit 25,000 records.
- Premium: With a cost of ₹1,200/month, you can create accounts with 10 users to store unlimited data.
- Ultimate: It is only available in a yearly plan at ₹1,400 with more than 10 users to manage every aspect of a business.
- Enterprise: You can pay only for features that you pick from the ultimate plan as per the requirement.
3. Admitek Digilib Library Management
Admitek digilib library management is the most intelligent library management software in the market. This is available in both on-cloud as well as the on-premise version. The software supports the radio frequency identification tags and bar codes as well. It includes features like eBooks in PDF, web-based cataloging, self-check-in and check-out, online fee payment, etc. Additionally, the patrons can get digital information from the library collections. It provides a 99.99% uptime guarantee and a secure environment.
Features Of Digilib Library Management
- Admin can add unlimited books, patrons, students, and users in the library management software without any hassle.
- The advanced search features help in retrieving the results in a broader sense. The software provides 45 different types of report and options to export in Excel, CSV and PDF format.
- It supports many digital file formats like MP4, MP3, PDF'S with an intuitive interface.
- In this software, you get two dual data centers, one at Singapore and other at Texas.
- Software is well protected by 256-bit SSL encryption ensuring a secure environment. Presence of robust infrastructure results in great bandwidth and CPU power.
- This library software provides in-built payment gateway through which users can pay their fines or due amounts. The different means of payment allowed include credit, debit, internet banking, and eWallets.
- It lets you display custom popups, visitor counter, important links, etc on your website.
The Admitek DigiLib library management software offers licenses in two types of plans. The exact price of the software is based on custom quotes. A free trial is also provided to users.
- Annual Plan, which recurs every year.
- Perpetual Plan that involves a one-time payment.