In this digital era, candidates have become increasingly self-sufficient for digging answers over the internet. Particularly when looking for ways to use a specific product or service. It’s not too difficult to find solutions when you have sufficient & correct knowledge about the topic. This is where companies can educate their customers through self-service tools, primarily through efficient knowledge base software.
A knowledge base is an extensive online library of information regarding a product, service, department, or topic. Further, the information available in your knowledge center can be obtained from anywhere but generally comes from a variety of contributors, who have a good understanding of the topic.
In addition, the topics range from input and output of your HR or legal department to how a fresh product, hardware or software works. Also, the knowledge base can include frequently asked questions, troubleshooting guides, and any other information which you may want or need to know.
In this article, we are going to share some leading knowledge management software with their essential features along with their pricing plans. Therefore, it will assist you to make the most appropriate choice on the basis of your specific requirements.
Knowledge Base Software
1. Zoho Desk
This online platform is powered by Zoho that offers its users helpful tools for responding to queries effectively. These tools improve the productivity of an agent, along with customer support. For companies with support teams and dedicated customer service, a centralized knowledge center is extremely important. In addition, this software provides help desk, call center, insights, agent productivity, reporting, social support, ticketing system, knowledge base, and forums. It also offers an extremely customizable multi-brand portal. Moreover, this help desk platform brings together employees from other departments and enables them to offer a very unified client service experience to their clients.
- Decide who can access your help desk center by providing access to the public or by requiring site visitors to establish accounts.
- It understands the uniqueness of your organization, allows you to customize and integrate it with other applications.
- Social support integration permits clients to submit support requests, ask questions, and even call for help via famous social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
- The reporting and analytical tools assist management to identify issues, concerns that pertain to the performance and productivity of agents.
- Companies can opt for solutions to client problems and queries via a completely functional ticketing system or provide assistance through their call center functionality in real-time.
Zoho Desk also offers a 15-day free trial without any credit card requirement for companies and individuals who want to take the Zoho Desk for a spin. Besides, knowledge base software provides a free version with the most basic company support features along with two pricing plans. Let’s have a quick overview:
- Free – It allows you to allocate 3 agents for which you'd have to pay nothing out of your pocket.
- Professional – Buy this plan at $13.02 per month (for each agent) and get access to all its advanced features.
- Enterprise – Get this plan at $25.94 per month (for each agent) which includes features like live chat and Zia: contextual artificial intelligence.
ClickHelp is a help authoring tool where technical writers, SMEs, and other professionals can collaborate and create high-quality content. Our tool is 100% cloud, browser-based, and flexible - it can be adapted to any technical writing process, whether it’s agile or waterfall, for example.
Since ClickHelp is an online documentation tool, your data will be stored in our data centers. The hosting facilities are provided by leading hosting companies in United States, Australia, and Germany.
- If you need to create external and internal documentation, ClickHelp is what you need. In our tool, you can create public, private, and restricted documentation – all in one portal!
- ClickHelp is easy-to-use; there is no need to spend time on learning it since the interface is user-friendly and obvious.
- Collaboration and teamwork possibilities. You don’t have to send your documentation via email. With our tool, your technical writing process becomes more effective. You can just assign your topics to reviewers, and they will work in an online portal.
- Importing and exporting. If you don’t need to create an online version of documentation, you can easily export it. ClickHelp supports all the popular formats like DOC, PDF, CHM, and so on. If you already use a HAT and want to migrate to ClickHelp, it’s easy! ClickHelp supports the following formats for importing: DOC, CHM, HTML/XHTML/Web Help, RTF, ODT.
- ClickHelp branding features allow you to create beautiful documentation and design your online portal, so it will look like a corporate website.
- ClickHelp is known for its powerful customer service, so if you have questions, our support team is always ready to help you!
- Basic – It cost you $43/month which would be billed annually.
- Standard – This plan provides you 3 authors with 15 reviewers by paying $63/month (billed annually)
- PRO – In this plan, you have to pay $210/month with unlimited reviewers.
- Business – With unlimited topics and reviewers you have to pay $500/month.
- Custom – It provides custom plan also which starts from $58/month.
ServiceNow is the best user-friendly knowledge base management solution that is efficient and reliable in many ways. It is a cloud-based IT solution for small businesses. Moreover, it offers a self-service portal that enables customers to report, resolve problems and monitor progress. Also, this system can monitor financial, contractual & inventory details related to hardware, software and virtual infrastructure. Furthermore, ServiceNow promotes the sharing of data and crowdsourcing within the business, which eliminates the chances of the information gap.
- Enhance continuous service with role-based dashboards, performance measures, and real-time analytics.
- Quickly resolve customer’s issues by using machine learning to intelligently categorize, route, prioritize. Assign issues with recommendations based on patterns and context.
- Its problem management minimizes company impacts of service interruptions and cuts down future interruptions with proven practices of ITIL.
- The service portal integration rapidly enables clients and staff to find any solutions. It increases customers satisfaction and reduces service costs.
- Improve service by providing immediate responses to customers and employees through 24/7 automated support.
- Ensures better indexing of knowledge base articles on various search engine results by using its SEO tools.
Contact ServiceNow for the pricing details and know more about their product.
4. Atlassian Confluence
Atlassian Confluence is a tool to bring your team and workplace together to share valuable data that will be helpful in your company. Further, it permits your business to create, organize and discuss the work that needs to be done with your team.
Additionally, you will get the information that is normally lost in email boxes and shared network drives. With this software, data becomes much easier to find, use and update.
Besides, Confluence also helps to maximize the productivity of the organization. The team members can provide their feedback in seconds to ensure that the final content version is up to mark.
- Start with a blank page or customizable template and add some character to make your job come to life with pictures, videos, and gifs.
- The system allows managers to restrict access to confidential data and collaborate within closed groups.
- Customers can publish, organize and access company data in a central location.
- With threaded comments, likes, and mentions you can gather feedback, encourage discussion, and tap into your company's collective knowledge.
- You can interact with your internal and external users with RSS feeds, page watch, and blog updates.
- Its task management module updates managers with status on tasks that are finished, impending, or overdue.
- Knowledgebase software integrates with JIRA that lets users plan, track and manage projects, document all their requirements easily.
Atlassian Confluence provides a free trial for 7 days and two different pricing plans based on a number of users. You can purchase a plan at $10 per month for up to 10 users this is a special price for small teams. Besides that, for 11-100 users, you need to pay $5 per user/month.