In this digital era, candidates have become increasingly self-sufficient for digging answers over the internet. Particularly when looking for ways to use a specific product or service. It’s not too difficult to find solutions when you have sufficient & correct knowledge about the topic. This is where companies can educate their customers through self-service tools, primarily through efficient knowledge base software.
A knowledge base is an extensive online library of information regarding a product, service, department, or topic. Further, the information available in your knowledge center can be obtained from anywhere but generally comes from a variety of contributors, who have a good understanding of the topic.
In addition, the topics range from input and output of your HR or legal department to how a fresh product, hardware or software works. Also, the knowledge base can include frequently asked questions, troubleshooting guides, and any other information which you may want or need to know.
In this article, we are going to share some leading knowledge management software with their essential features along with their pricing plans. Therefore, it will assist you to make the most appropriate choice on the basis of your specific requirements.
Knowledge Base Software
1. Zoho Desk
This online platform is powered by Zoho that offers its users helpful tools for responding to queries effectively. These tools improve the productivity of an agent, along with customer support. For companies with support teams and dedicated customer service, a centralized knowledge center is extremely important. In addition, this software provides help desk, call center, insights, agent productivity, reporting, social support, ticketing system, knowledge base, and forums. It also offers an extremely customizable multi-brand portal. Moreover, this help desk platform brings together employees from other departments and enables them to offer a very unified client service experience to their clients.
- Decide who can access your help desk center by providing access to the public or by requiring site visitors to establish accounts.
- It understands the uniqueness of your organization, allows you to customize and integrate it with other applications.
- Social support integration permits clients to submit support requests, ask questions, and even call for help via famous social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
- The reporting and analytical tools assist management to identify issues, concerns that pertain to the performance and productivity of agents.
- Companies can opt for solutions to client problems and queries via a completely functional ticketing system or provide assistance through their call center functionality in real-time.
Zoho Desk also offers a 15-day free trial without any credit card requirement for companies and individuals who want to take the Zoho Desk for a spin. Besides, knowledge base software provides a free version with the most basic company support features along with two pricing plans. Let’s have a quick overview:
- Free – It allows you to allocate 3 agents for which you'd have to pay nothing out of your pocket.
- Professional – Buy this plan at $13.02 per month (for each agent) and get access to all its advanced features.
- Enterprise – Get this plan at $25.94 per month (for each agent) which includes features like live chat and Zia: contextual artificial intelligence.
ClickHelp is a help authoring tool where technical writers, SMEs, and other professionals can collaborate and create high-quality content. Our tool is 100% cloud, browser-based, and flexible - it can be adapted to any technical writing process, whether it’s agile or waterfall, for example.
Since ClickHelp is an online documentation tool, your data will be stored in our data centers. The hosting facilities are provided by leading hosting companies in United States, Australia, and Germany.
- If you need to create external and internal documentation, ClickHelp is what you need. In our tool, you can create public, private, and restricted documentation – all in one portal!
- ClickHelp is easy-to-use; there is no need to spend time on learning it since the interface is user-friendly and obvious.
- Collaboration and teamwork possibilities. You don’t have to send your documentation via email. With our tool, your technical writing process becomes more effective. You can just assign your topics to reviewers, and they will work in an online portal.
- Importing and exporting. If you don’t need to create an online version of documentation, you can easily export it. ClickHelp supports all the popular formats like DOC, PDF, CHM, and so on. If you already use a HAT and want to migrate to ClickHelp, it’s easy! ClickHelp supports the following formats for importing: DOC, CHM, HTML/XHTML/Web Help, RTF, ODT.
- ClickHelp branding features allow you to create beautiful documentation and design your online portal, so it will look like a corporate website.
- ClickHelp is known for its powerful customer service, so if you have questions, our support team is always ready to help you!
- Basic – It cost you $43/month which would be billed annually.
- Standard – This plan provides you 3 authors with 15 reviewers by paying $63/month (billed annually)
- PRO – In this plan, you have to pay $210/month with unlimited reviewers.
- Business – With unlimited topics and reviewers you have to pay $500/month.
- Custom – It provides custom plan also which starts from $58/month.
ServiceNow is the best user-friendly knowledge base management solution that is efficient and reliable in many ways. It is a cloud-based IT solution for small businesses. Moreover, it offers a self-service portal that enables customers to report, resolve problems and monitor progress. Also, this system can monitor financial, contractual & inventory details related to hardware, software and virtual infrastructure. Furthermore, ServiceNow promotes the sharing of data and crowdsourcing within the business, which eliminates the chances of the information gap.
- Enhance continuous service with role-based dashboards, performance measures, and real-time analytics.
- Quickly resolve customer’s issues by using machine learning to intelligently categorize, route, prioritize. Assign issues with recommendations based on patterns and context.
- Its problem management minimizes company impacts of service interruptions and cuts down future interruptions with proven practices of ITIL.
- The service portal integration rapidly enables clients and staff to find any solutions. It increases customers satisfaction and reduces service costs.
- Improve service by providing immediate responses to customers and employees through 24/7 automated support.
- Ensures better indexing of knowledge base articles on various search engine results by using its SEO tools.
Contact ServiceNow for the pricing details and know more about their product.
4. Atlassian Confluence
Atlassian Confluence is a tool to bring your team and workplace together to share valuable data that will be helpful in your company. Further, it permits your business to create, organize and discuss the work that needs to be done with your team.
Additionally, you will get the information that is normally lost in email boxes and shared network drives. With this software, data becomes much easier to find, use and update.
Besides, Confluence also helps to maximize the productivity of the organization. The team members can provide their feedback in seconds to ensure that the final content version is up to mark.
- Start with a blank page or customizable template and add some character to make your job come to life with pictures, videos, and gifs.
- The system allows managers to restrict access to confidential data and collaborate within closed groups.
- Customers can publish, organize and access company data in a central location.
- With threaded comments, likes, and mentions you can gather feedback, encourage discussion, and tap into your company's collective knowledge.
- You can interact with your internal and external users with RSS feeds, page watch, and blog updates.
- Its task management module updates managers with status on tasks that are finished, impending, or overdue.
- Knowledgebase software integrates with JIRA that lets users plan, track and manage projects, document all their requirements easily.
Atlassian Confluence provides a free trial for 7 days and two different pricing plans based on a number of users. You can purchase a plan at $10 per month for up to 10 users this is a special price for small teams. Besides that, for 11-100 users, you need to pay $5 per user/month.
LiveAgent’s knowledge base software is the perfect solution for businesses that want to empower their customers and employees with self-service options. The software enables you to create multiple internal and external knowledge bases complete with articles, FAQs, forums, suggestion boxes, and more. The software is fully customizable and therefore enables you to create a stylish knowledge base that matches your business aesthetic complete with logos and color themes. Apart from being a robust knowledge base software, LiveAgent offers live chat, call center, ticketing, reporting, analytics, and powerful automation features. The software is packed with over 180 advanced help desk features and integrates with over 40 third party applications.
- Lets you create multiple internal and external knowledge bases, as well as customer portals
- Gives you full control and customization options when creating your knowledge base
- Enables customers to submit tickets and track their progress through the knowledge base
- Allows you to create FAQs, forums, suggestion boxes, how-to-guides, and articles complete with photos and videos
- Notifies you every time someone makes a comment on your knowledge base content and transforms it into a ticket inside your universal inbox
LiveAgent offers a free 14-day trial and doesn’t require any credit card input for activation. The software is offered at a freemium pricing model, with the knowledge base functionality offered in the free version as well as the paid versions. The paid versions range from $15/mo to $39/mo.
Document360 is a knowledge base software that lets you create a self-service portal for internal users and customers. It is scalable, which means you can continue using it even as your product list expands. Additionally, you can create as many versions of a document as needed. Also, It comes with robust features like uncompromised authoring experience, rich theme, built-in analytics, and enterprise-grade restore and back-up, etc. A powerful search module is the most considering feature in a knowledge base.
Document360 also boasts a simple and clean interface. This way, users can find answers to their questions quickly. And while it does not have mobile apps, the platform can still render well on mobile screens because of its adaptive interface.
- It provides the amazing features of team accounts, documentation versions, and team Auditing.
- You can backup & restore data easily.
- This software provides analytics with necessary details with the info regarding the landing page, site domain.
- It has In-app assistant and integration.
- Document360 does well in this department with a search engine that capably crawls indexes and produces real-time results
- Article Redirect Rules, Private Documentation,
- You can access reader accounts.
- Startup – The cost of this software is $49/project/month that allows 5GB of storage.
- Business – It provides 50GB of storage with 7 team account access at the cost of $149/project/month.
- Enterprise – The most recommended plan of this software which provides storage up to 150GB with the price of $299/project/month.
7. ProProfs Knowledge Base
ProProfs Knowledge Base is a cloud-based tool that is designed to meet the knowledge management requirements of both small businesses and large enterprises. Suitable for people with all skill levels, ProProfs helps you create a knowledge base, help sites, documentation, manuals, FAQs, and more for your customers and employees.
Simple, powerful, and feature-rich, ProProfs Knowledge Base is trusted by companies across a spectrum of industries including Healthcare, Legal, Technology, and more. The tool comprises stellar features that help you in all stages of knowledge management, right from content authoring and editing to customizing and publishing it.
Here’s a list of some of its major features.
- The tool provides 25+ professionally-designed templates to help you get started easily.
- You can write and edit content easily with the MS Word-like editor offered by this software.
- Its Google-like search mechanism works great to provide instant content suggestions to readers as they start typing in the search bar.
- You can create content in over 90 languages with the help of this tool. Serving customers or employees spread across the globe is no more a task.
- The tool also allows you to create multi-branded sites for different audiences or brands.
- You can set specific conditions for content viewing and editing using the Conditional Content feature provided by ProProfs Knowledge Base.
- Capturing feedback and ratings on a particular article is a breeze with this tool.
- If you deleted some content by mistake, the tool helps you recover it easily via Vault.
- Enable Single Sign-On to ensure that only authenticated users get access to your knowledge base.
- ProProfs Knowledge Base teams well with third-party tools like Zendesk, Freshdesk, Salesforce Desk, and many more.
- Forever Free Plan – This plan is free of cost and helps you create a basic knowledge base of 20 pages.
- Essentials – This plan provided by ProProfs starts at $6/month. You can create a single public knowledge base with 20 pages, by subscribing to this plan.
- Premium – This is the most popular plan that starts at $12/month for 20 pages and provides all the features – basic as well as advanced. You can create an unlimited number of knowledge base and private sites, get unlimited public views, advanced integrations, unlimited authors and staff users, and much more by subscribing to this plan.