HVAC software is intended for use in the heating, ventilation and air conditioning industries. Whatever job your HVAC business is contracted for, you will need a field service software that provides functionalities relevant to the HVAC industry by linking financial and operational modules together.
Due to the lack of modern HVAC estimating software, there is a massive loss of production efficiency in various HVAC contract companies. In fact, there are many companies all over the world who still depend on spreadsheets, paper drawings, drafting boards, and more. Actually, they are unaware of the benefits of effective HVAC estimating software for their companies. Most importantly, it can help you to increase sales, reduce turnaround time on quotes, and streamline the whole process of sales.
Moreover, this tool can also provide professional and software-generated estimates to your customers which thereby inculcate an increased sense of reliability and trust. Also, this software allows you to have a happier salesforce with greater retention and productivity, increased ability to quote more work, and more satisfied customers ready to buy. Now let’s see below which are the best HVAC estimating software of 2020.
1. PlanSwift By HVAC Estimating Software
PlanSwift HVAC estimating software is one of the most effective software that helps you to boost your estimating method. It can give you paperless estimation processes to fulfill your organizational needs in no time. This software is very easy and quick to use. In addition, the pricing range of this tool is quite suitable and hence, you can afford to buy it. Moreover, it provides wonderful features such as easy wiring devices counting, calculates prices automatically, produces reports quickly, etc. Look at its features below.
- This software provides point & click element which allows generating assemblies of commonly used materials, waste, and labor. On dragging those assemblies onto the takeoff items, you can calculate all of your prices accurately and instantly.
- Furthermore, you can export your takeoff/estimate to Excel or make use of the built-in reports. This way, you can make sure that your job is ready to go after estimating all the matters.
- In addition, it lets you to automatically calculate waste, material, labor, etc. Therefore, it leaves you self-assured with respect to the calculation of certain areas. Also, it can change product cost & recalculate and easily adjust cost projections with ease.
- This tool also allows you to measure lengths for cables, wiring, and conduits. Now you can ease your workload with automatic calculations of a total number of receptacles and switches along with your every cost and material.
- On top of that, PlanSwift can easily generate accurate material lists for HVAC assembly and derive the volume of rooms for heating & cooling as well as calculate costs instantly.
PlanSwift has a professional plan which is available at $1595. It also includes three hours of one-on-one custom training and it costs $300. Therefore, you need to pay a total of $1895 as a whole to get this plan. The cost will exceed as the number of users will increase.
2. Esticom By HVAC Estimating Software
In comparison to other HVAC estimating tools, Esticom software contains exceptional functions. On-screen takeoff, quick estimation, and bid management are the three most vital features of this estimating software. Using this software, you can perform on-screen takeoff and upload plans with the help of low voltage & out-of-the-box electronic database of parts. Most importantly, you can meet your estimating requirements by organizing projects with the assistance of bid due date or assigned electrical estimator. Just go through its important features below to know more.
- Esticom has a plan management feature which makes you organize plan sheets into folders, rename plan sheets, and update the project with new versions automatically.
- It includes auto count feature with the help of which you can count items across multiple pages, filter results, and increase takeoff speed 5x to ensure accuracy.
- While viewing to its above features, one of its vital features is an electrical material database which comprises out-of-the-box parts & assemblies and labor units & material prices. Despite this, you can also customize these databases easily in small time.
- It provides you the option to add fittings automatically, measure conduit and wire runs with the help of the feature namely linear measurements, and designate drop distances.
- The other rich features of Esticom are a lump sum, phased or unit pricing, add inclusions & exclusions, upload a company logo, place design-build symbols, export to PDF with legend, and cloud & annotate plans.
- Free Trial Plan: You can take the benefit of a 14-day free trial with all the above-mentioned features.
- Monthly Plan: The cost of this package is $99 per user/month along with all the features given above.
- Annual Plan: The annual plan costs $999 per user/year and you can use all the features mentioned above under this package. This plan also allows you to save 20% with this software.
3. Trimble By HVAC Estimating Software
Trimble is the most reliable HVAC estimating software system that facilitates to keep an in-depth accuracy within the estimation of your software databases. Thus, it permits you to win a lot of jobs in a quick span of time. Furthermore, this software system will assist you to avoid wasting loads of time and energy with its favorable features which will come below this section. In spite of this, it will provide you with all the advantages of pricing, estimating, and alter management within the cloud.
- Trimble is a perfect software for HVAC contractors as it streamlines the whole construction workflow right from estimating to purchasing to billing. It has built-in labor units, labor factoring, project-specific assemblies on-the-fly, labor tracking, etc.
- Moreover, Trimble can offer you the amazing experience of a faster estimating workflow from start to bid completion. It will also assist you to prevent expensive data entry mistakes by decreasing manual takeoff methods.
- On top of that, it offers you access to an integrated database that manages billing/invoicing, monitoring, and service-based costing in one solution. Also, you can personalize your client settings to accomplish your specialized service needs.
- It contains special capabilities that are ideal for your trade whether it is HVAC, electrical, mechanical, or plumbing. Most significantly, it allows you to generate professional reports & estimates and function detailed analysis easily and quickly.
- Lastly, it enables you to start with a list of UPCs and you can have a complete submittal package ready for mark-up in seconds. Additionally, it takes the responsibility to place your pages in the proper MasterFormat order.
If you want to inquire about the pricing packages of Trimble HVAC estimating software, it is better to contact the sales manager of the firm. It also gives you the option to request a demo to get the information about packages in detail.