Earlier, people used to make a collection of books to pursue their reading habits and gain knowledge about any particular subject. As these books are not easy to carry and they always need to manage hefty books shelves.
But, the fact is, in today’s world no one has time to go out and purchase bulky books since they are dealing with their busy day-to-day schedules.
With the advancement in technology, things have become more convenient for book lovers as the books are emerging in a digitized form called eBooks.
The eBook is an electronic version of any printed book that comes with all the eye-catchy attributes like images, readable text, font styles, etc. that you have seen in any printed books.
Further, eBooks can be read on any kind of dedicated e-reader devices such as desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. Likewise, users can also easily download eBook in your local disk.
As we all know, you can always look up to the internet for everything. And same applied with eBook. You can find these books on several sites for free of cost. Now, you must be thinking about which site to prefer?
Don’t worry, we are here to help you in making your search process easier with this article, in which we are discussing some of the best and well-known free ebooks websites along with their excellent features.
1. Project Gutenberg
Gutenberg is one of the most appreciated free eBooks website that offers more than 59,000 free eBooks. You can select any ebook as per your preferences, download, and start reading them online on your personal devices. Moreover, it also enables you to create your own books on a site according to your choice.
- With this, you don't need to pay any registration fee as it allows you to simply log in to the site and start reading your favorite books.
- Gutenberg does not contain any additional mobile apps so that, you can view eBooks on your regular browsers and mobile devices.
- This website employs cookies, captchas, and other security-related technologies to ensure that the site is accessed by human users only.
- It provides eBooks in various simple text formats such as ePu, HTML, Kindle and much more.
- Besides, downloading the books it also empowers you to share or redistribute your eBooks with your family and friends.
- Here, you can search and browse the library of books via different searching aspects like category, most popular, latest or random books.
Gutenberg website is available for free of cost.
2. Open Library
Open Library site basically works as an open platform and always welcomes your contribution whether you want to fix a typo, add a book, or write a widget it's all appreciated. Furthermore, it comes with more than one million eBooks that are always available for free of cost.
- It permits you to search and view books via different categories like science, biographies, textbooks and many more.
- Open Library allows users to add their own books on a site but this facility is available only for logged-in users.
- This ebook site includes an advanced search option along with some fields like title, author, place, subject, etc. so that, you can search for any book by providing all the desired information.
- With this website, you will be able to download books for free and even create & edit a web page for any book.
- Apart from the download option, it also provides a read and borrow choices with books for users.
Open Library is a free eBook website and won’t cost a dime.
BookSC is another easy to use online eBook platform in our list. This website is compiled with countless numbers of eBooks and useful articles as well. Moreover, it lets you download and read the book without any cost and signup process.
- In this eBook website, visitors can also submit their book and earn popularity among book lovers.
- It allows the user to upload files in a different format i.e TXT, PDF, FB2, EPUB and more.
- BookSC offers you a short description and other info regarding the book. So, you have some knowledge about the book concept.
- Furthermore, this platform creates hundreds of trendy categories to make your search time shorter and easy.
- In addition, it also provides an easy search panel to find any eBook or any article which you want to read.
This software is completely free, and you can download all their published eBooks in free of cost.
4. Internet Archive
With Internet Archive, you can retrieve books that are no longer available elsewhere. It basically works as a search engine that enables you to search for outdated books completely free of cost, especially for historical & academic books.
- Besides eBooks, this website also includes collections of audio, video, texts, images and much more.
- It allows users to upload their own digital materials or eBooks directly on a site.
- This eBook website provides a search bar option so that, you can easily search for your favorite book by entering URL or keywords.
- Internet Archive facilitates its users to donate some amount for the site as per their choice either for one time or on a monthly basis via credit card and Paypal options.
- Furthermore, it empowers you to easily share your favorite collections on social platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc.
You can explore all the excellent features of this website for free of cost.
This online free eBooks website offers a wide range of popular and demanded categories of books such as fiction, non-fiction, academics, textbooks, children audiobooks and more. Here, you can download the eBooks in different formats including HTML, PDF, ePub, and Mobipocket.
- This provides a platform where you can increase your recognition in the world. As here, you can publish your own books. Meantime, then you can access all the books and download them.
- Even more, you can translate this website in your native language. From now, they support Spanish and Portuguese.
- With the Free-eBooks.net mobile applications, you can even read eBooks on your Android and iOS mobile. Similarly, you can download the eBooks on your mobile as well.
- Users can easily find their favorite books by using multiple filters like most popular, newest books and ratings. Also, he can search by last publish time i.e weekly, monthly and yearly.
- The eBooks PDF files are downloaded is available in the very comprised size. So, it will not consume the large space of your local disk.
- Monthly Plan: Access unlimited books and download it at the cost of $7.95 per month.
- Yearly Plan: To get the service of VIP plan for a year pays $39.95.
- Lifetime Plan: Access all the services of this website for a lifetime at a price of $49.95.
Note: You can download the eBooks in PDF and TXT format at free of cost. And to download eBooks in Epub and Kindle format purchase the above plans.
To provide high quality educational and business e-books, Bookboon work with academics-leading experts and publishers. In addition, the collection of bookboon is very vast, they have nearly 1000 eBooks in every branch from accounting to marketing, business, IT management, career development and many more.
- This website saves your precious time, as it provides a quick and easy search panel which you can use to find any book by its title, author name or publisher.
- Before any downloading, you can know more about any book as they publish a short description of the book with author introduction and chapter indexing.
- This website has the highest rates in the digital learning industry, with over 75 million downloads in a year and 40 percent consumption for their business eLibrary.
- Moreover, you can easily download any eBook in your local disk in PDF format.
- Also, it lets you share the eBooks link with your friends and family members with the help of social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Tumblr.
- Business Plan: You can get the power to download 1,700+ business at $5.99/ per month which also includes no distracting advertisements.
- Corporate eLibrary: Request a quote to get the pricing details of this plan.
Note: Also, you can download 1000+ eBooks in free of cost.