Flowcharts are simple diagrams which help break down any process into its parts. This helps you to explain complex systems in presentations and get your point across fairly easily.
There are various software that you already use to make flowcharts. However, none of these offer a dedicated interface which makes the task a breeze.
Not only that, but dedicated flowchart software can also incorporate other diverse functions. These include adding images, customizing text and text boxes, adding annotations and hyperlinks and just so much more. All of these, with unparalleled ease and efficiency. Never feel at a loss of tools for expressing your imagination.
If you think your presentations lack the simplicity yet weight of some well-designed flowcharts, you have found the right article. Let’s have a look at the top flowchart software.
Cacoo is the diagramming app for teams. With real-time collaborative editing, teams can work together on diagrams simultaneously whether they're sitting next to each other in a conference room or located halfway around the world. Live cursors show exactly who's where on the diagram in real-time and what they're editing. You view all changes and updates without any lag or refreshes. On-diagram comments make it easy to give feedback with context and resolve them when feedback has been incorporated. With hundreds of professional-grade templates and shapes available, Cacoo can take your diagram from ideation to presentation in no time.
- Real-time collaborative editing, on-diagram comments, and version history are the tools teams need to create, collaborate on, and track diagrams over time.
- Choose from hundreds of templates and shapes for every diagram type.
- Dynamic charts help you present complex data with visually stunning graphics.
- Cacoo's dashboard helps teams organize, share, and protect diagrams with shared folders and user management options.
- Cacoo is cloud-based, so anyone who needs to access a diagram can do so from anywhere. All they need is the link and permission to view.
Cacoo offers free and paid plans for users. Team plans start at just $5 per user/month when billed annually.
- Free - You'll have limited sheets and folders.
- Pro - You'll get unlimited sheets for your diagrams, plus access to all Cacoo features.
- Team - Your team will have unlimited sheets and folders to work with, plus access to 1 on 1 online training sessions and priority email support.
- Enterprise - You can self-host Cacoo and limit all diagram access to your private server/network. Plus, you'll get 24/7 priority email support.
With over 150 million users in 180 different countries, Lucidchart has more or less proclaimed its achievement as one of the best flowchart makers out there. Not only that but, it has consistently ranked as the most popular flowchart software in India pretty much since its inception. Whether it’s a complex marketing overlay or a simple step-by-step production process, Lucidchart offers templates for all your needs. If you can’t find any pre-designed layouts which suit your preferences, its easy-to-use interface will have you making a new one in no time.
- Its vast library of various shapes helps you create a flowchart which addresses your specific needs.
- Lucidchart’s online interface seamlessly allows multiple people to collaborate on a project, saving hours worth of versioning issues.
- You can easily share your flowchart online with your peers who can then add comments, make edits and even chat in real-time.
- Lucidchart supports integrations across the board of popular applications and offers a shareable URL where it doesn’t.
Lucidchart offers a free and a premium plan for its users. The premium plan is cheaper by $2/month when billed annually instead of monthly.
- Free - You have access to all of Lucidchart’s varied functionality. Moreover, you can collaborate in real time over a project.
- Pro - ($9.99/month): In this pack, you can access Lucidchart’s an unlimited library of shapes and templates. Furthermore, you can also import and export the documents you create.
EdrawSoft offers a comprehensive cross-platform flowchart maker which is easy to use and quite powerful. Currently, at over 9 million downloads, Edraw’s simple drag-and-drop interface has allowed the most complicated topics to be boiled down and presented to a professional audience. It’s especially popular among Mac users where it has solidified itself as one of the most unique and functional flowchart software. Moreover, its library comprising a great many flowchart examples also helps attract users for ideas and innovative ways to simplify processes. These features are a nod to Edraw’s versatility in that they allow you to make a flowchart catering your needs in a professional, academic or educational environment. All it comes down to now is your imagination and creativity.
- Its library includes thousands of workplace symbols to represent different stages. These can follow industry standards or be customized as well.
- Pre-made shapes and automatic floating buttons allow you, the user, to skip drawing lines and other tediously repetitive tasks.
- Not only that but, it allows you to access 200+ drawing types and 10,000+ vector symbols.
- Furthermore, you can export your designs with a single click to work on them on other platforms.
Edraw offers an assortment of different packages for you to choose from as a single-user or as a part of a team. Team packages get a discount of approximately 15% and can be used site-wide. More details about the purchasing options are as follows:
- Perpetual License ($179): This billing variant allows you to purchase the software indefinitely with 3 years worth of free upgrades.
- Lifetime Licence ($245): The website recommended plan offers the perpetual use license’s features and also a free lifetime upgrade guarantee. Alongside, email support and 1000 Mb cloud space are also available.
- Subscription Licence($99): For those who do not wish to buy the software for an indefinite period, they can purchase a subscription. All upgrades during the subscription are free. Reduced rates are offered after the first year of billing.
Gliffy is a versatile platform to easily and efficiently fulfill all your diagramming needs. Not only does it have a simple drag-and-drop interface but it also allows you to collaborate with your peers instantaneously. Moreover, one of its most powerful characteristics is its versatility.
You can use it to make sort of a diagram ranging from network diagrams, UML diagrams and Entity-relationship diagrams for software engineering to flowcharts and Venn diagrams for businesses. With swaying testimonies detailed at the bottom of its page, Gliffy is one of the most popular diagramming platforms out there.
- It has a big collection of themes and templates for you to use.
- You can easily embed your diagrams in your website or share them via URL.
- Similar to Google Docs, you can decide who can view, comment and edit your flowchart designs.
- It tracks the previous versions of your diagram and stores them in its history. These can be reviewed anytime.
- Furthermore, you can import and edit old diagrams or export new ones with ease.
The unintegrated version of the software offers three packages for its users:
- Personal ($7.99/month) - This one offers unlimited diagrams for a single user, access to templates and 24/7 email support.
- Team ($4.99/month) - Alongside everything in person, this plan further incorporates commenting tool, private sharing, live diagram embedding among other things.
- Enterprise (Contact Gliffy) - This plan is highly customizable and offers features depending on the scale and needs of businesses. Among many others, some features include easy admin controls, team management, customized team onboarding, shared online workspace and seamless workflow integrations.