One of the most common misconceptions about office work is that it is only done by lazy people. You see this portrayed in movies and televisions a lot. Office workers just sitting on their chairs waiting for their bosses’ orders. This is why many people despise the idea of working in an office. It is an easy yet time-consuming job and nobody seems to have time for it in this fast-paced world.
However, most administrative positions are desk jobs. You need to sit, type and oversee the whole operations of your business. It can be monotonous at times but hey, it all depends on how the worker perceives it.
Whether you hate office work or not, one of the most annoying parts of the job is organizing files. It can be really difficult to track and make sense of towers of paper that are just lying around. Seeing this reality, technological companies finally decided to rid salarymen of their misery. They developed software that can help in organizing your data.
To arrange files effortlessly, we have shortlisted some of the best file organizer files software of 2019:
Every department in any company has a lot of paperwork to be done. However, two of the most paper-laden departments are accounting and human resource. All the data that is pertinent to the company is safeguarded by these two departments. The accounting team handles the financial resources while the human resources have all the information about the employees. This amounts to a lot of papers which can be ridiculous at times. However, with eFileCabinet, you can say goodbye to all of this paperwork.
- This software uses advanced technology to sort your files by grouping them according to their contents.
- Easily tracks down workflows of your department or company and make it easier for your employees to know and double-check the general processes and protocols that are already established in your company.
- Additionally, it comes with various templates option which can be customized according to you and your office needs.
- It also provides a safe and secure way of sharing and transferring your files across personnel and devices using their system.
- This software enables employees to ask or request for necessary files in the software itself, eliminating the need to even move from your current location to give a sheet of paper.
- With this file organizer software, you can create a virtual cabinet for you to store your files and gives free training and ebook guides for their software.
- Free Demo - Get a feel of their service by taking it for a test run on-site.
- Basic Package - Make this yours for $15.00/month per person if billed annually. Includes 25 GB storage and secure file sharing.
- Advance Package - Pay only $30.00/month per user if billed annually. Allows a minimum of 3 users. Includes 1 TB storage, check-in and check out with 2-factor authentication among others.
- Business Package - Get this for only $55.00/month per user if billed annually. Includes 5 TB storage, all the features of the advanced package along with business process automation, automation libraries, and others.
- Enterprise Package - Provides site license to the company. You need to contact them in order to subscribe to this package as it is made tailor-fit to your needs.
In the business world, the paper is a rather important commodity. Even though the movement for saving trees has affected the industry quite a bit, the paper is still used in many companies. However, there are a lot of disadvantages to using paper. For one, it can be easily tracked and altered by anyone. Using a virtual solution like Dokmee can help you in preventing this from happening. They have a lot of products that can help you in managing your business but one of their best is the document management software.
- Secures and protects all documents and files uploaded in the software’s system using its built-in audit log.
- It has a Windows-like interface which is easy to understand and navigate for all users familiar with the OS.
- This software includes a Microsoft Office toolbar which makes it easier to access files in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- It provides various types and formats of documents and data which can be shared and stored in the system. All files may also be viewed by many people at once.
- This file organizer software lets the users communicate with each other and can restrict files with e-passwords for the security of individual content.
- It supports multiple languages including Chinese, German, and Spanish to overcome the translation issue.
- Free Trial Plan - Trial version is free for 30 days. Get to know their basic services and see how you like them at zero costs.
- Quote-Based Plan - To get this amazing plan, you need to contact their company in order to get a quotation.
Every department in any company or organization has groups or teams that need to collaborate to reach a single goal. They would usually share files and documents especially when there is a project involved which usually has a deadline. It can be very time-consuming to run around the office looking for a piece of paper and hand it in personally to whoever needs it.
Samepage minimizes this problem and provides a virtual platform in which teams can share without even leaving their chairs.
- Available on various devices and platforms like Android and iOS along with a mobile app for easier access to files even when you’re on the go.
- The software offers various tools to make communicating between teams easier like instant messaging, voice and video calls, group chat and team chat.
- It comes with a downloadable mobile app also includes instant messaging and file sharing.
- This software allows users to share windows for collaborative work and offers a communication platform with its own inbox.
- It provides various types of files can be shared in this platform including surveys, charts, and presentations which can be edited in real time.
- Moreover, it includes planning tools like task lists and shareable calendars which makes it easier to track the progress of personal and group goals.
- Offers administrative roles to key personnel with additional access to information.
- This file organizer software has chat, email and call tech support available on their website 24/7.
- Free package - This free package includes perks such as unlimited members and chats history with 2 GB storage.
- Pro Package - Pay only $8.00/month per member if billed annually or $9.00/month per member if billed monthly. Includes all the Free features and new ones like the administrative functions and content manager mode. It comes with 1 TB worth of storage.
- Enterprise Package - It includes all the perks of the Pro package plus other functions like engineer support and customizable plans. You can contact their support team in order to get a unique quote. They also offer discounts for non-profit organizations and educational purposes.
Traditional file management systems like File Explorer by hobbled by their limitation that a file can only reside in one location. For a large project or portfolio, you will need a more powerful software to organize your files and folders.
Ritt allows you to organize your files and folders into a lightweight database and is complementary to your existing file system. It works by using hierarchical tags, called tag trees. Each tag tree is equivalent to a folder structure. You can retrieve your files and folders by using the Boolean union or intersection of tags. By using multiple, concurrent tag trees to organize your files, you can effectively turn your file system into a simple database. Usage cases include project management and portfolio management (for photographers, teachers, scientists, bloggers).
Ritt is a virtual layer built on top of your existing file systems and does not interfere with your existing structure in any way. The backend store is simple and open, so you retain full control of your data.
- Organize your files and folders into a lightweight database
- Group files from different locations in one place
- Access your files and folders like a database using Boolean intersection and union
- Search for files within tags
- Automatically reflect changes made in File Explorer
- Use across multiple devices
- Built for both keyboard + mouse and touch inputs
- Dark mode
You can try Ritt for free for 30 days from the Microsoft Store and purchase at $7.
pDrive is an easy to use encrypted storage solution. Built-in end-to-end encryption safeguards confidential documents from unauthorized access and guarantees that only you have access to them.
With services such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and Microsoft OneDrive all offering compelling cloud storage solutions, you’re probably wondering why you should consider encrypted storage like pDrive.
While these mainstream solutions are certainly convenient, they make your data more vulnerable by using server-side encryption. With server-side encryption, the decryption key is held by the service provider and hosted on its servers. This means they can easily decrypt your files and any third parties who gain access to the servers or files will also find it much easier to decrypt your files.
This makes any files you store on these services more susceptible to data breaches, data mining and scanning, mass government surveillance, misuse by the service provider, misuse by rogue employees, and many other problems that involve third parties gaining access to your data.
With pDrive, since you hold the decryption keys, end-to-end encryption gives your files a much greater level of protection from third parties while still allowing you to enjoy many of the benefits and convenient features that cloud storage provides.
- Built-in end-to-end encryption
- Unlimited Storage
- Free & Open-Source
This software is available for free.