An emergency notification software, also known as a mass notification system, is a type of software that sends notification or alerts to multiple recipients. This software helps in distributing relevant information about the crisis and also transmits important instructions during an emergency situation. Hence, the organization can easily determine the scale of the emergency for communicating all important information with whomever they want.
The mass employee notification system stores contact details of recipients or employees which include their complete names, home addresses, as well as phone numbers and email IDs. Additionally, using this information, it can release notifications or alerts through a phone call, text message or an email without any hassle.
To ensure you and fulfill your obligations towards employee safety we have examined the best emergency notification software of 2020.
1. Singlewire Software
Singlewire’s emergency notification system is at the top of the best employee communication software list. It uses innovative technology for increasing messaging speed in mass notifications. It is an excellent tool for fast communication with multiple recipients using numerous communication channels at the same time. Also, this software comes with InformaCast technology which is flexible and easily integrate with your existing devices. It unifies the different communication channels and forms a single communication tool for additional efficiency.
- This software cover all communication devices. It is fully compatible with various mobile devices. Also, the interface helps to create templates for any type of emergency situation.
- Singlewire provides with a sound alert from anywhere and at any time. It lets administrators send out notifications with their web browsers, from the command center panel, using a mobile smartphone app or physical panic buttons set on-premises or on-site.
- It lets you send emergency alerts everywhere. Using the software you can reach out to employees anywhere, including their desktops, overhead paging system, and using digital signage, mobile phones, landline phones, 2-way radios as well as using public apps, such as Twitter and Gmail too.
- Using this software you can check how effective your notification system is through various methods, including with your InformaCast web console or InformaCast mobile app. It also displays responses from recipients as well as records a complete activity log and history. Furthermore,
- Singlewire software relies on the InformaCast fusion server appliance for providing constant connectivity. This is excellent in case your wide-area network is down.
- Mobile Plan: This plan comes with an effective cost of $5.25 per year.
- Advanced Plan: Buy the advanced plan at $10.29 per year of cost.
- Fusion Plan: You can buy this plan at an effective cost of $11.55 per year, for every single user.
2. RedFlag Software
RedFlag software from Pocketstop is the top choice of thousands of small and large enterprises as an employee emergency message broadcast system. It promises an easy way of sending message notifications to numerous recipients in real-time. This excellent software gives multiple ways of sending group notifications all across your employee band. You can add recipients using third-party apps also by importing groups or lists. It allows you to choose to register at the portal and build customizable groups.
- It covers notifications for all possible emergency situations. RedFlag software has several templates that are useful for sending alerts on an urgent basis. Moreover, you can use this notification software and send warnings for minor disruptions such as maintenance work or industrial outages and even for critical situations such as severe weather and natural disasters.
- Make employee safety and response to your priority. With RedFlag it becomes easier for sending out personal, group-wise and mass messages. Recipients have the choice of setting their own preferences and in customizing the way they should receive messages. This is an excellent way to ensure a constant connection with your employees anywhere.
- The software allows recipients for notifying you about relevant issues and crisis. This works for ensuring that your recipient can also respond and keep you up-to-date with their location and situation. This is helpful in understanding the extent of the crisis and informing the most effective fighting plan.
- Using this software, organizations can send out a single message to thousands of recipients with a single click. Administrators can even use their Outlook email manager or use their Android or iOS smartphones to stay in touch with their employees during times of emergencies.
- It lets you manage mass notification settings easier. RedFlag has an easy-to-use dashboard. This lets users generate reports with all relevant details. It also imports user data from various third-party apps for increasing efficiency.
Pocketstop’s RedFlag mass notification system is available at a cost of $200 per month for each user.
3. AlertMedia Software
AlertMedia mass notification system helps in keeping employees secure, informed and establishing a strong connection with them in times of crisis. This software helps organizations in reaching out to a few and even thousands of people with equal efficiency. It is one of the most reliable employee communication software for small and large corporations today.
- AlertMedia is useful in different operating systems and platforms. You can use your smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop for using AlertMedia. It provides a single emergency notification system for different departments in an organization.
- This software provides a safe environment for corporate data. It includes a complete encryption technology for your messages at rest and during transmission. It integrates the latest data protection protocols for optimal data security.
- The software allows recipients to receive and respond to alerts. Additionally, the software also helps to interact with employees using surveys, reading receipts, and with the ability for sending SOS requests and customize incoming message settings.
- This software provides feedback analysis for improving emergency response practices. Moreover, the software is also useful for getting insights which improve your response time to critical emergency situations.
The cost for a subscription to AlertMedia mass notification system is not disclosed however it is available on request from the vendor’s website.