Electrical estimators are a specialized form of cost estimators that calculate the predicted expenses engaged in electrical projects. Most of the contractors or electrical engineers might have good knowledge about electrical estimation and also know about the fact that how it can be so challenging at certain times with respect to the scale of the project.
Certainly, the electrical estimation is essential for any type of project be it is for domestic or commercial. At that time, it is better to use user-friendly electrical estimating software for various projects. This software can provide electrical contractors with the best tools necessary to create consistent and accurate bids. There are some of the features that come with this software including material databases, multi-user support, instant bid summaries, dynamic takeoffs, project management tools, etc.
With the help of electrical estimating software, contractors can fulfill electrical estimates up to 70% faster than when done manually. Look at the best electrical estimating software given below.
Electrical Estimating Software
1. Planswift Software
Planswift software is one of the best electrical estimating software to enhance your estimating process. It can simply make the process of estimation quite paperless one in all sense. The great thing about this software is that it is much cheaper, easier, faster and more environment-friendly to use. Moreover, it provides you with exciting features including count wiring devices with ease, creates reports in a snap, automatically calculates costs & materials, measure lengths of conduit & wire quickly and accurately.
- It lets you easily create assemblies of commonly used materials, labor, and even waste. On dragging those assemblies onto the takeoff items, you can estimate all of your costs instantly and accurately.
- Additionally, it allows you to instantly calculate waste, labor, material, etc. Also, this software allows you to easily change product cost to re-calculate and adjust cost projections.
- Furthermore, you can export your estimate takeoff to Excel or else utilize the built-in reports. This way, you can ensure that your job is ready to go after calculating all the matters. Moreover, it assists you to bid more jobs, manage more efficiently, and grow your business.
- Not only this, but it also lets you measure lengths for wiring, cables, and conduits. Now you can ease your workload with automatic calculations of a total number of receptacles and switches along with your every cost and material.
- Above all, Planswift allows you to easily create accurate material lists for HVAC assembly and derive the volume of rooms for heating & cooling as well as calculate the costs instantly. Additionally, it lets you trace linear takeoff for A/C supply lines quickly.
This company provides Planswift professional plan at $1595 with three hours of one-on-one custom training of $300. The professional plan includes updates and support for the first year. Overall, you have to pay $1895 as a whole. Again, the total cost of this plan depends upon the number of users you buy for.
2. Trimble Software
Trimble is an electrical pricing software that will help you in keeping a detailed accuracy in the estimation of your software databases which thereby allows you to gain more and more estimations. As time is very valuable for every businessman, this software will help you to save a lot of your time and effort with its rich features which will come under this section. Apart from this, it will give you all the benefits of estimating, pricing, and change management in one easy to manage a solution in the cloud.
- Trimble is an ideal software for electrical contractors as it facilitates the entire construction workflow right from estimating to purchasing, project management, and billing. It also comes with built-in labor units, labor tracking, labor factoring, project-specific assemblies on-the-fly, etc.
- It equips special capabilities that are perfect for your trade whether it is mechanical, HVAC, electrical, or plumbing. Most importantly, it enables you to create professional reports & estimates to perform comprehensive analysis easily and quickly.
- On top of that, it provides you access to an integrated database that manages billing/invoicing, service-based costing, and monitoring in one solution. Also, you can personalize your client settings to fulfill your specialized service needs.
- Trimble can offer you the best experience of a faster estimating workflow from start to bid completion. It will also help you to avoid expensive data entry mistakes by reducing manual takeoff methods.
- Last but not least, it allows you to begin with a list of UPCs and you can have a complete submittal package ready for mark-up in seconds. Additionally, it takes the responsibility to place your pages in the appropriate MasterFormat order.
You can contact the sales manager of the company or else book a demo for getting the information about all the pricing packages of this software.
3. Esticom Software
Esticom offers unique features in comparison to other electrical estimating tools. The three most important features of this software involve bid management, on-screen takeoff, and estimating software. With these features, it assists to upload plans and perform an on-screen takeoff with the use of out-of-the-box electrical & low voltage database of assemblies and parts.
Most significantly, you can organize projects by the assigned electrical estimator or bid due date to meet your estimating requirements.
- Esticom has auto count element through which you can count items across multiple pages, increase takeoff speed 5x, and filter results to ensure accuracy.
- Moreover, its plan management feature makes you organize plan sheets into folders, update the project with new versions, and rename plan sheets automatically.
- You can easily add fittings automatically, designate drop distances, and measure conduit and wire runs with the help of the feature namely linear measurements.
- While looking to its above features, one of its important features is an electrical material database which includes labor units & material prices and out-of-the-box parts & assemblies. In spite of this, you can also customize these databases easily in a short period of time.
- The other important features of Esticom are a lump sum, phased or unit pricing, upload a company logo, add inclusions & exclusions, export to PDF with legend, place design-build symbols, and cloud & annotate plans.
- Free Trial: The company is providing a free trial for 14 days with all the features mentioned above.
- Monthly Plan: The monthly package costs $99 per user/month for using all the features given in the above plan.
- Annual Plan: The rate of the annual plan is $999 per user/year and under this plan, you can take the benefit of all the features presented in the above plan.
All three plans include the same features such as material take-off & estimating, design/build, pre-built proposals & quotes, and team collaboration.