When you’re invested in e-commerce, there are many things you have to deal with that you normally won’t have to with offline businesses. In exchange for a bigger market reach and hyper transactions, companies are required to comply with “extra necessities.” One such necessity is developing, managing, and monitoring a secure database online.
When you register to a certain service as a consumer, you are often asked to provide personal information. This is to validate your real-world identity as well as to distinguish your data from those of other people. After all, we are all codes of data floating in cyberspace. Our unique information is what makes us distinct from other lumps of data. It is how online systems identify us.
But of course, leaving them out in the open is out of the question. Such carelessness violates your rights to privacy and confidentiality and may cause you many consequential disadvantages. This is why information security must always be enforced. Thanks to database management systems, dealing with such a large influx of information is now possible.
Here, we are going to discuss three of the most sought-after database management software online. Let’s find out.
1. Oracle RDBMS
When it comes to managing databases, Oracle RDBMS is one of the world’s leading DBMS that is used by many big companies to organize data. With the help of Oracle’s DMS, you can ensure the security of your client and company data as well as swiftly recover information whenever sudden crashes or data interruptions happen. Moreover, it lets you take command of all your processes and activities with the software’s auditing and organizing functions for creating a more systematic plus logical way to categorize all data. Oracle is a cloud-based system deeply regarded by many flourishing companies worldwide.
- This database management software is fully compatible with most of the operating system such as Windows OS, Linux, and UNIX.
- It cuts down the CPU processing time to read, organize, and comprehend data.
- Oracle autonomous database gives you the option to leave the hard work to the software while you attend to other (possibly more important) activities.
- It is a cloud-based software that lets your data is replicated redundantly to ensure fast recovery whenever data is accidentally lost or corrupted.
- This database management software can easily handle large databases effortlessly.
- Diagnostics Pack - This package’s price ranges from £600.00 - £5,942.00 and is ideal for those who are looking to automate their performance diagnostics and monitoring functionality.
- Tuning Pack - For a price of £400.00 - £3,961.00, you can automate your entire application tuning tasks.
- Database Lifecycle Management Pack - Get this package for £950.00 - £9,506.00 and enjoy top Oracle services such as Oracle Database configurations, patching, provisioning, and ongoing change management.
- Cloud Management Pack for Oracle Database - This package is inclusive of all major Oracle services as well as exclusive ones that allow you to manage and deploy database services in Cloud environments.
2. IBM DB2
If you’ve been doing e-commerce long enough, then you’ve probably encountered the company IBM before. IBM is another world-renowned company when it comes to developing DBMS. The company prides itself in creating and innovating database management systems that help businesses all over the world to secure and organize their system information. Furthermore, if one of your biggest fears as a data-driven company is to lose important data accidentally, then getting a DBMS to back-up your data automatically will definitely do you good. With over 200+ database software offered on their website, you are sure to find something that suits your industry.
- The software is fast to download and easy to set up & perfectly optimized for OLTP.
- IBM DB2 also offers unrivaled data security to make sure that all sensitive information is backed-up and hidden from prying eyes.
- Manages, organizes, and takes control of your data and categorizes them into appropriate niches.
- It offers efficient disaster recovery solutions as well as preventative methods to protect your data from any sort of disruption.
- Modernize your systems through the integration of intelligent automation technology.
- Hybrid Flex Plan (IBM Hybrid Data Management Platform) – Price starts at $325/month and includes Db2, Db2 Warehouse, Big SQL, Db2 Event Store, Db2 on Cloud, Hosted, Db2 Warehouse on Cloud.
- Standard Plans – One-time payment plans further divided to four categories: Small (8GB), Medium (16GB), Large (32GB), Xlarge (128GB). Priced at $1,050, $1,785, $3,150, and $6,300 respectively.
- Advanced Plans – One-time payment plans further divided to four categories: Small (8GB), Medium (16GB), Large (32GB), Xlarge (128GB), XXlarge (1TB). Priced at $1,312.50, $2,310, $4,200, $8,400, and $18,900 respectively.
3. Microsoft SQL Server
You don’t really have to be a tech genius to know just how much influence Microsoft has in the online world. The company, after all, has given us some of the most important software and programs that we continually use. Your computer’s OS is probably Microsoft, your office programs are probably Microsoft, so why not make your DBMS Microsoft as well?
Microsoft has launched its own SQL System, a cloud-based hybrid database platform that can help you run, analyze, and organize big data. If data efficiency and protection are what you seek, then SQL Server may just be the database management software for you.
- Microsoft SQL Server decreases vulnerability & increases more protection. The software takes any and all precautionary measures to ensure data safety and confidentiality.
- No more moving of data, you can analyze information directly within the software’s database.
- Enhance operations and come up with systematic solutions with the help of actionable insights.
- It offers a scalable, hybrid data platform for you to build winning apps and programs.
- The software has the capacity to take on heavy workloads and large databases.
- Free Trial – Get a 180-day free trial of SQL Server 2017 (which you can download on site).
- Free Download - SQL Server 2017-Developer, SQL Server 2017-Express are free to download but are ideal for self-education purposes only.
- Standard - Server + CAL Package – You can avail this package for $931, one-time payment.
- Standard - Per Core – You can avail this “per core” licensing model for $3,717, one-time payment.
- Enterprise – Full access to all SQL server functions, ideal for demanding and critical database operations, priced at $14,256 one-time payment.