There was a time when planning for construction projects was purely done on paper. Imagine that, drawing everything using your own hand. From detailed designs of the infrastructure to the more delicate parts like costing and management, all was written on paper. This took hours to just create a plan on one task of the whole building on itself. It must’ve been torture for the engineers of the ancient world. However, as primitive as the technology was back then, they did build the most majestic palaces, statues, and cities. Now, imagine they have the technology of today. What else could have they built?
In the present age, countless contractors and builders are taking advantage of modern technology to plan their projects. With just a few clicks, you can generate a slew of ideas in expert details from starting the project to finishing it. However, there are also countless developers that offer these applications. How can you choose? Well, we have reviewed the top 3 best construction scheduling software in the market today. Check these out:
1. PriMus KRONO
PriMus KRONO is a construction planning software that is a part of a series of software dedicated in the engineering and technology fields. Made by ACCA Software, their PriMus series is designed to tackle any need in planning and construction. Furthermore, PriMus KRONO is more focused on the financial aspects and time management of the project. If you want to focus on every aspect of the project, you may opt to purchase the whole PriMus set of software.
- You can create and manage Gantt charts, financial reports and other charts for resources.
- It lets you manage the time and activity data in various ways like shifting schedules and other changes in the timeline.
- You can import .dcf files easily with just a simple drag and drop of the file.
- Design your timeline depending on the possible changes in the weather, mapping out holidays and work days, and customize the time scale of the project.
- Construction scheduling software allows you to convert files to other formats like Word and PDF.
- Integrate other PriMus software into your PriMus KRONO for ease of access across software and devices.
- Print reports with all of the necessary details in tact like time and material requirements for each task and comparison between the plan and actual operation.
- Free Trial - A 30-day free trial for the full version of PriMus KRONO is available for new users who would like to try out the software.
- Monthly Rate - Pay €9 per month and gain software access good for 3 PCs.
- Yearly Rate - Pay in advance and get exciting discounts. For only €108, gain access to the software’s best services up to 3 PCs.
- Catch This Now - For a limited time, there is an ongoing promo rate for the yearly subscription for only €59.
Fieldwire is also a construction planning software that is suitable for long term plans and projects. It is designed to cover daily activities which can help the project manager or contractor to track the progress of the project easily. As they offer a more schedule focused software, the user is assured that they will not forget any task even with larger goals in mind.
- It offers a detailed look of the project’s timeline and can be customized based on the user's discretion.
- You can view the tasks and timeline in various formats like Gantt chart and calendar view.
- It also allows you to alter and move tasks into the software with ease.
- With this software, you can arrange deadlines and other priority dates in easy ways that could be understood by everyone in the field.
- Tasks can be subdivided and grouped according to their relation with each other, making it easier to track which tasks are lagging or already completed.
- Timestamp on every document and data sent and received between users.
- Basic - The basic package is free for 5 users and covers the essential features like checklists and instant messaging but has limited sheets and projects that can be done.
- Pro - The pro package is $29.00 per user per month which includes all the basic features plus other features like exporting sheets and email support. Besides, you can grant an unlimited number of sheets and projects to users.
- Business - The business package is $49.00 per user per month which includes all the features of the previous offers and other features like Dropbox access and can upload up to 360 photos.
- Premier - This package costs $89.00 per user per month billed annually as well and includes all features of Fieldwire like API access and support.
With its name, you can really see that scheduling is their expertise. TeamGantt uses (unsurprisingly) the Gantt charts to enable its software to schedule tasks and activities for the user. Construction scheduling software focuses more on accessibility, especially for new users. Organizing has never been more vibrant and exciting with TeamGantt.
- Completely web-based scheduling software which makes it easier for employees in the field to access the charts and other information.
- Easy to learn and access without reading complicated manuals and guides for construction planning software.
- Optimized processing of information for simpler and trouble-free access.
- User can view every task and timeline in one panel.
- Visually appealing Gantt charts and schedules.
- It allows you to export files to PDF format.
- Free Trial - Free access to 3 people for one project. Only has basic features like workload forecasting and filtering of tasks.
- Basic Package - It cost $49.75 per month with unlimited projects for 5 users which include more features like comparative analysis of plans, project history and viewing restrictions for the project.
- Advance Package - It cost $74.75 per month with unlimited projects for 5 users with all of the features of TeamGantt like time tracking for all activities, unlimited phone support, and estimation of resources for every hour of operation.