Estimating accurate costs is important for the success of your building business. However, the construction estimate relied heavily on the spreadsheet and manual methods of constructing contracts. This is a very time-consuming method because formulas become more complex within the spreadsheet, and show errors. As a result, the construction estimating software was originally designed to overcome these errors using hard-coded formulas and data structures. It will assist contractors to estimate the costs of construction for a particular project.
Moreover, these software calculates the cost of equipment, materials, and labor for future client’s projects. The estimate produced via construction estimating software will transform into a construction agreement and will lead to the project management itself.
Hence, in this guide, we have handpicked 3 best construction estimating software that will definitely help you in ensuring the best results for your construction projects.
Sage estimating software offers big and small construction companies the authority and flexibility to greatly speed up the estimation process more than any other solution. It helps you to create bids faster and more precisely. Also, it includes cost databases that can be tailored to suit the requirements of your specific niche or core work type. Besides, this software provides many essential functionalities such as the schedule integrator, model estimating, estimating viewer, estimating report manager. Also, it has estimating explorer which are specially designed for real estate and construction firms.
- It has a set of pre-built databases so you don't have to build yours. They include the pricing, components, and assemblies that are currently used by manufacturers.
- Takeoff solutions enable you to reduce risks, save time, raise profits by automating the takeoff and estimating process via pricing databases that are industry specific.
- Its database editor contains a range of tools to help you set up your estimation database in a smooth and easier way. It enables you to rapidly add documents and update several fields simultaneously in many documents.
- The cut & fill feature allows you to detect precise quantities, which are usually hard to match through manual start procedures.
You need to make a request for price quotations based on your database options.
2. Causeway Estimating
The estimation solution from Causeway enables contractors & subcontractors to handle the bid and tender process. An embedded CAD/BIM measurement tool provides fast takeoffs and measurement. It's simple to use characteristics enable you to rapidly establish and submit estimates using the standard pricing information and own previous estimates. Furthermore, its bid comparison ability also benefits you evaluate bids from various suppliers to make the right selection of suppliers every time. This is all based on a shared core database that provides collaboration between projects in a safe environment and with an audit trail of modifications.
- Create precise estimates quickly. Tap into prior estimations to prevent rework and provide more time to focus on tasks that add value.
- Construction estimating software automates the transmission of tender enquires. Receipt of bids eliminates overloading of email by enabling you to store project documentation online.
- You can track the status of each tender and see at a glance which packages is priced by which suppliers on its powerful dashboard.
- With Causeway Estimating, eTender integrates seamlessly making it simple to build, submit and reply to tenders. The subcontractor can immediately add notes and documents to bid tenders online.
- Integrated CAD/BIM measure that ensures fast and simple measurement when building your BoQ, saves time and provides precise price results.
- In a safe central repository, it stores all the project information. Avoid data islands and spreadsheets on local hard disks that risk information loss over time.
You need to submit the quote according to your business requirement to get the pricing of Causeway Estimating.
Viewpoint is a construction estimating software that is specialized in the generation of estimates, takeoffs for residential & commercial HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, and electrical companies. It includes commercial estimation capabilities to generate accurate estimates that are financially feasible. Furthermore, it contains a pricing database that has been constantly updated with the latest products and labor rates for each sector.
Moreover, this construction estimating software provides powerful features such as integrated project management, job costing, data management, risk management, plus improved productivity and analysis. These characteristics and strong reporting abilities allow a smoother, easier, and more efficient construction workflow, encourage collaboration and cuts expenses.
- Single database management solutions offer an unparalleled overview of your project life cycle. This construction estimating software is the integration of accounting for working with any size business contractors.
- It provides complete visibility into the current state of projects as well as various tools to evaluate performance and track ball-in-court items among team members.
- The digital integrated takeoff module enables customers to download plans from plan rooms and use them to create takeoffs directly on the screen.
- This construction estimating software also features CAD/BIM integration, excel export with built-in formulas and automatic pricing from local suppliers.
- Its job costing functionality help to deliver timely and precise data for accounting and operations, especially on the progress of jobs in useful formats that are available.
The pricing details of the Viewpoint are available only on a quote basis. Hence, you will have to contact the vendor for more information.