Configuration management software monitors app change and their infrastructure to make sure that settings are known, confident and configuration details are not based on the development team’s tribal knowledge. Moreover, the software for configuration management is a precise system record which is useful for project management, auditing and debugging.
Setup software enhances efficiency and stability as well as the visibility to change in an application and streamline the change control process for an enterprise. It includes version management systems, testing software & bug tracking tools and other software development tools. A number of configuration management tools are flooding the market today.
Below is a list of the best configuration management software that includes popular features that solve all your setup problems with ease.
Configuration Management Software
ManageEngine Network Configuration Manager for IT administrators is a feature-rich network change, configurations, and compliance management (NCCCM) software. It is a multi-provider solution which optimizes the device configuration management processes in order for administrators to take full control of firewalls, routers, switches and other network devices. The solution automates routine, time-consuming duties and increases accuracy in stock, compliance and setup management.
- Monitor changes of configuration, receive instant notices and prevent unauthorized changes to secure, stable and compliant your networking environment.
- Enables you to manage settings and make network device changes from more than 200 providers such as Cisco, Juniper, HP, and more.
- Users can improve accountability and manage network change completely by recording who, what and when modifications to setup.
- You can save time by automating repeated, time-consuming settings management tasks and also central application of configuration changes to large-scale devices.
The basic plan of this configuration management software starts at $595.
Network Configuration Manager is an on-site tool which requires the Windows Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 and the latest one. It automatically installs SQL Express, but you will need the complete version of a bigger company. SolarWinds NCM automatically discovers assets, as you would expect. The software has a strong workflow and prevents unauthorized access to any given workflow, which prevents unauthorized modifications using the workflow.
- NCM includes 53 reports to inform stakeholders of your existing network stock, setup modifications, policy compliance, safety, and planning requirements.
- Simplify compliance with the network by using its standardized network set up tools to deploy configurations, detect out process modifications, check settings, and even correct violations.
- You can protect your surveillance environment with SolarWinds High Availability against accidents, application failure, etc.
- The software allows you to fix operational problems quicker with easy identification, troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
SolarWinds NCM offers you a 30 days free trial option in which you get all the features of this software. And after that, you can purchase it at $2995.
3. Net LineDancer
Net LineDancer is intended to assist network engineers for handling their network device settings (routers, switches, etc.) It provides inventory reports, detailed device hardware & software, setup comparison, history of devices, password modifications, automated configuration changes detection and integration with network monitoring systems. The software has an easy but strong web-based user interface where all these tasks can be easily accomplished.
- It allows zero-touch installations in numerous network topologies across both internal & Internet facilities, and even over 3G/4 G facilities via the iPhone app.
- You can monitor the support contracts of your supplier synchronized with your hardware deployed.
- Furnishes an integrated terminal proxy that allows authenticated users of Net LineDancer to SSH/Telnet into automatic log-in network devices.
- Net LineDancer compares draft with the current setup and advises automatically the set of instructions to use the draft setup suggested for the device.
This software offers a 30 days free trial option and for further pricing details, you need to contact the vendor.