Before we talk about the best CAD software we can shortly understand how CAD software was created. CAD is a revolution in the design industry. In addition, if you are an engineer, architect, interior / external designer, etc, you can find out how hard each drawing is to design manually. Thus, in the beginning, each drawing requires a lengthy period of time
Engineers later designed it using sketch pads, although working on it wasn’t that easy. To facilitate work life, developers created CAD (Computer Aided Design) software for the same design.
The CAD software is used to produce detailed designs or technical illustrations by architects, technicians, draftsmen, artists, and others. CAD software may be used for the creation of 2D or 3D sketches.
Hence, in this article, we have outlined some best CAD Software to create 2D technical drawings, mock-ups of conceptual designs, and 3D models of physical objects.
Tinkercad is a free browser-based modeling program that allows learners to generate three-dimensional printable models without prior design knowledge. Students can import 2D pictures and then use the 3D version tool to produce them. If they want to alter them, they can also use the gallery of previous pictures produced by other learners as starting points. Besides, it is compatible with all 3D printer and laser cutter models, which allows learners to print or cut their designs instantly.
- Shapes are fundamental construction blocks of Tinkercad. Any shape can add or remove material and it is also possible to import or create your own shape.
- The SVG export is good for laser cutting in Tinkercad. The work plan cuts a piece through your model which then can be laser cut.
- 3D designs you create with Tinkercad are stored in the cloud so that you can easily access them with an internet connection from anywhere.
- Thanks to direct integration with leading third-party printers, you can design your prints at Tinkercad and then ship them to your door.
You can enjoy all its amazing features and start creating 3D printable designs for absolutely free.
2. Autodesk AutoCAD
AutoCAD has been designed and developed by Autodesk, 3-dimensional computer-aided design software for product design, manufacturing planning, building design, and construction. Moreover, this software is a part of Autodesk's 3D cad program collection used by product development teams, manufacturing facilities, media and entertainment, technicians, architects, etc.
- Users will be able to add lights and materials to their 3D models for a realistic appearance and rendering in terms of the creation of 3D models and visualizations.
- Users can import non-Autodesk 3D models into AutoCAD, insert geographic locations, display online maps on their drawings and attach drawing and image files as external references to current drawings.
- AutoCAD allows you to import data from PDF files in order to work with your teammates to review your models and drawings.
- Create section planes that are used to achieve cross-sectional views of 3D objects.
AutoCAD provides customers with three pricing plans. The plans can be paid on a monthly, annual, or triennial basis (every 3 years) depending on the number of licenses you want that starts at $200.00.
SOLIDWORKS is computer-aided design software that lets you create, simulate, publish, and manage 3D models. The technology aims to improve engineering procedures. With tools for conceptual design, product layout, strength & dynamic analysis and more.
Furthermore, because of its comparatively low price, strong 3D rendering abilities and interface, SOLIDWORKS is one of the most widely used CAD programs.
- Can add hatches or adjust the opacity of certain elements to make it easier to read your design.
- Provides you with a library of wooden, brick and glass components. You even can generate and save personalized products in your library.
- Compatible with DWG, DXF, STEP, STL, that enables you to work with files from AutoCAD and SketchUp Pro as well as 3D print your designs.
- Works with layers so that you can select and change different parts easily without the entire design being manipulated.
In order to understand how much this software will cost, you will need to get a quote from the vendor.
GstarCAD is CAD (computer-aided-design) software that can be used in a variety of industries that you can think of including shipbuilding, automobile, manufacturing, architecture, interior design, 2D floor plan drawing, etc. GstarCAD helps designers and draftsmen save time and improve their efficiency by providing a wide range of commands and innovative features that are very easy-to-use both for beginner and CAD users with years of experience.
GstarCAD releases new version every year and GstarCAD 2020 Beta has just released and is available for download. GstarCAD Mechanical 2019 and GstarCAD Architecture 2018 are designed to meet the needs of different industries. Another highlight in GstarCAD products is the development of GstarCAD Collaboration Server that helps different groups within a project to better communicate. Other plus-ins can also be transplanted within GstarCAD.
Moreover, it is committed to constantly improving user experience in specific industries, for example, GstarCAD has supported rendering of Artisan and CNC machines.
- Familiar interface. The interface of GstarCAD looks familiar and intuitive, users can easily find commands and useful tools.
- Compatibility. GstarCAD is fully compatible with other mainstream CAD software in terms of drawing data form. New users of GstarCAD don’t need to worry that their drawings couldn’t be opened or edited in GstarCAD. With GstarCAD, you don’t have to give up the previously created drawing files.
- Flexible license. GstarCAD is available in both perpetual license and subscription license and users are free to upgrade
GstarCAD has perpetual license fee and subscription fee, the price may fluctuate due to holiday sales like Thanksgiving Day, please refer to the official website of GstarCAD or local distributors for the latest pricing.