Bugs are unavoidable when developing software. But when you find a bug, it often means that more problems It’s a serious business to track bug.are hidden in your code.
In the end, your users would like workable software. And you can’t leave problems unchecked with competition in pretty much every industry.
Bugs can kill your reputation. They can cause you to lose income and, worst of all, developers have to spend hours developing the new features.
The best software teams are diligent and careful in their way of tracking and managing bugs. And much of this is the software they use for bug-tracking.
In this article, we will follow some industry standard bug tracking and bugs management processes and then cover the most important bug tracking software used by the world’s leading technology teams.
Many bug tracking tools can capture and track bugs, but the Backlog can assist your team in managing your products end-to-end seamlessly. Companies around the world are using Backlog to plan, track and release software through their unique feature set. It has been developed to help teams deliver the best possible software from creation to maintenance.
- Documenting correctly who, what, where and why a bug is important to solve without further mistakes.
- The backlog has a title, description, attachments and individual fields * for each issue, which can be used in order to define bugs.
- With Backlog, you can set each bug's priorities, assign it to your team and change your due dates to accommodate incoming projects and new bugs.
- Backlog ensures that the right person is notified of important changes from open to closed with detailed comments and targeted notifications.
Backlog offers a free trial as well as multiple SMB and company pricing plans. And the plan starts at $35/month.
2. Zoho BugTracker
Zoho BugTracker is a part of Zoho's online enterprise productivity set, a tool that enhances transparency in the IT management process, for the application development and bug tracking. Zoho Bug Tracker can handle a wide variety of scalable projects with simple yet powerful advanced incremental functions.
- Record and track bugs easily according to the desired criteria. Create custom views on bugs that are sensitive to your problem tracker tool. See the number of errors logged, resolved, and more with reports.
- Use interactive chat and forum tools to check your team and see how everyone works. Gamescope, the gaming feature of our problem tracking system, makes it fun to do a job.
- The specific requirements for each project are unique. In Zoho's Defect Tracking Tool, create custom fields and workflows for these projects. Customize your interface with our settings tools.
Zoho Bug Tracker's basic version is free of charge, but there are also three paid plans based on the storage and number of projects you wish to include. And the plan starts from $20.12/month.
3. Jira Software
Jira was designed to monitor and manage bugs in the development of software. This software has been expanded to allow teams to plan and track all aspects. From backlog care to release management. its a connective tissue for your software team.
Furthermore, Jira is a powerful workflow engine, schedule, and extensive search features allow your team to fully control your product's end-to-end development.
- Capture bugs with Jira Software anywhere in your software projects. Once a bug has been identified, you can create a problem and add all relevant information including descriptions, severity, screenshots, version and more.
- Prioritize them on the basis of the importance and urgency of the matter and the team's capacity for the workload.
- Integrate this software with all the tools already used by your team by leveraging its robust APIs.
- Import your data into Jira Software via a CSV file.
It offers a free trial for 7 days and after that, you need to pay, the plan starts at $10/month.
W3Dart is a visual feedback tool. It works like a sticky note on your website, only visible to your clients and your team.
Reporting bugs using W3Dart is an absolute breeze. Just take a screenshot and you’re done!
For complex issues, you can also record your screen AND your voice at the same time, a first-of-its-kind feature that’s unique to W3Dart.
Both screenshots and videos come with annotations for added clarity.
Collaboration with Client developer & QA team made easy. Perfect for Web Agencies & Development Team
Share views instantly. Simplify reviews permanently.
Expedite the website design and review process. Share pinpoint feedback with annotations using your preferred blend of videos, images and sound clips.
Track changes in real-time. Stay on track the whole time.
Bid adieu to time-consuming emails and the ‘different time zone’ hurdle. Communicate and share ideas with your clients via a centralized feedback hub.
Gain access from anywhere. Grant access to anyone.
Eliminate the need for inconvenient third-party software and spreadsheets. Log in to Dart using any browser and any OS you want.
- Audio-Visual Recorder: Deliver crystal clear feedback using personalized audio-visual clips. These include a video recording of your screen layered with a sound clip of your own spoken voice in the background. As we said, it’s time to show and tell.
- Auto-detection of Browser Meta Data: W3Dart automatically Capture the Meta Data of the Browser from where Issue is Reported. Meta Data like Browser, OS, Resolution, Zoom Level, User-Agent
- Unique URL for each Bug: Each bug reported get its own unique URL! The user simply clicks on the link and is taken to the exact location of the bug, either on a page or in design.
- Actionable ScreenshotsClick and drag the W3Dart crosshair to capture the perfect screenshot. Then make the image come alive by pinpointing issues and snags using text boxes or a highlight marker or both. It’s that simple.
- Seamless IntegrationsTo ensure an uninterrupted workflow, Dart features two-way sync with prominent project management tools like Jira, Asana, Trello, Basecamp, Slack. After all, we’re here to make life easier, not harder.
- Multitude of AttachmentsShorten long discussions and present clear solutions. Attach samples of designs, layouts, images, sketches, and templates to accelerate your design revision cycle.
- FREE FOREVER : 1 Project
- Startup $19/monthly : 2 Projects 3 Archive / 15 days FREE Trial
- Premium $29/monthly : 7 Projects 10 Archive / 15 days FREE Trial
- Turbo $39/monthly : 15 Projects 21 Archive / 15 days FREE Trial
- Enterprise : More than 50 Projects? Contact us to Request Price
* For Free Trail NO Credit Card Required
Bug tracking systems are helpful to developers that have tried to manage issues using emails, excel sheets and sticky notes, only to fail and realize that this is not the way to go.
Hence, you must carefully evaluate your needs when selecting an issue tracking system and choose one that can improve the workflow without overburdening or draining you with your financial resources.