We live in an era where life is impossible without devices. We need our computers, laptops and mobile phones for every other task. So, if our devices do not function properly, it is not only annoying but also hinders our work.
In order to ensure that our devices and data stay protected, antivirus software is a must. But with so many software available in the market, it is extremely difficult to decide which one is the best.
So, to help you make this decision, here are the 3 best antivirus software.
Anti Virus Software
Bitdefender antivirus software has bagged a number of awards and certificates as an anti-ransomware and anti-malware software. It monitors the behavior of the device continuously and even provides protection against malicious websites. The software is best for devices using Windows 7 to Windows 10.
- The Bitdefender software protects your files from ransomware. As soon as the software detects ransomware-like behavior, it quickly backs up the targeted files.
- The software lets you create new scans. You can select the files you want to scan or allow the software to run the scan automatically.
- Bitdefender has a password manager (called Wallet) which stores the login details and passwords of various networks, your credit card details, website credentials and many more. This makes sure that your important online data is locked away safely.
- The antivirus software has a secure browser called Safepay, which protects your online transactions from malware and from snoopers. This keeps all your transaction records safe.
- Bitdefender shields the passwords and usernames of your online accounts from potential threats. It also has a VPN to ensure that your activities cannot be tracked.
- Bitdefender has an amazing file shredder which allows you to remove sensitive files from your device. It guarantees that the files can never be restored.
Bitdefender has 3 antivirus programs to protect your device.
- Antivirus Plus: It costs $40 to $80 that includes password manager, file shredder, etc.
- Bitdefender Internet Security: The costs $60 to $90 and has parental controls and webcam protection.
- Bitdefender Total Security: It is a complete package priced at $90 to $100. It offers all the features of Antivirus Plus, Internet Security, and at the same time, offers anti-theft and system optimization features.
2. Reason Core Security
The Reason Antivirus Software is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10. It has an easy-to-use interface and is popular for its ability to protect the user’s privacy. The software uses almost negligible resources of your system and still provides protection against adware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), browser extensions, and many more. Reason Core Security detects and removes malware, adware and other PUPs. This blocks unwanted advertisements and pop-ups which make your device slow and interrupt your online activities.
- The software provides real-time protection against malicious programs and files so that you can detect such infections as soon as possible. The best part is that this real-time system does not slow down your computer.
- If you are among the ones who use multiple devices from the same network, the Reason Core Security software is extremely important for you. It eliminates harmful files and programs from the network so that all the devices are not infected at once.
- Sometimes, when you try to install something from the web, many unwanted files (called bundleware) attach themselves and get installed without your permission. Thus, core security prevents the installation of such bundleware, which may slow down or even harm your computer.
- The software keeps your browser safe from cybercriminals. It protects your sensitive data, like account details and searches history, from criminals who may use these to harm you or to spam your computer with unwanted ads.
- Reason Core Security detects suspicious activities going on in your computer, and blocks programs which are causing these. This provides protection against new or unknown viruses.
The Reason Core Security Software has two programs.
- Reason Essential Program: It is absolutely free but has much lesser features. It may be a good addition to your existing antivirus software.
- Reason Premium Program: It costs around $60. It protects your computer from ransomware, unwanted software, and online trackers. It also protects your webcam and microphone from intruders.
3. Reve Antivirus
Reve Antivirus Software protects your computer from malware, spyware, and even rootkit. It notifies you if your system is vulnerable to any threats. It is also capable of blocking programs which tries to harm or hinder the functioning of the antivirus. The software is compatible with all version of Windows from Windows XP to Windows 10.
- Reve Antivirus Software scans your computer on a real-time basis. It runs in the background and notifies you if your security is threatened.
- This antivirus software has an anti-theft feature which tracks the location of your device if it gets stolen. It also safeguards your data from such criminals.
- You can also install this software on your smartphone or tablet. It not only prevents your mobile devices from theft but also allows you to set passwords for your installed apps. If anyone makes three failed attempts at opening the apps, the device will capture their photos.
- It has one of the fastest Quick Scan systems. This scans the most vulnerable files in less than a minute so that you can ensure protection even if you are in a hurry.
- Reve Antivirus is an anti-rootkit software. Rootkit is a kind of virus which enables a remote user to gain access to your files. Reve Antivirus Software detects and removes such viruses, thus ensuring privacy.
- Reve Antivirus Software secures your email, so your data cannot be accessed by cyber attackers. It also scans attachments to ensure that they are free from threats.
The cost of the software depends on the time for which you want to take the subscription and the number of devices in which you want to use the antivirus.
If you want to use it in 1 computer and 1 mobile, for 1 year, it will cost around $10.